Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Builds, Gear & where to go from here....

Here's a small test I did concerning the damage coefficients on Demo.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=1#post2091414

Interrupting WoF sounds like a bad plan to me as well.

Typical WoF rotation: WoF + HS + Shock + Shockstrike + HS + repeat.
    After 5 Shock / Shockstrike use Shocklance.
    If you are using Bindings perk, of course use that too.

No WoF interrupt, unless you need fast burst (like if target is going to disappear).
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Typical WoF rotation: WoF + HS + Shock + Shockstrike + HS + repeat.
    After 5 Shock / Shockstrike use Shocklance.
    If you are using Bindings perk, of course use that too.

No WoF interrupt, unless you need fast burst (like if target is going to disappear).
    Potential small adjustment:

I usually go WoF + HS + Shockstrike + Shock + HS + repeat. A mere permutation of casts, so it should not affect DPS.
    However this way once Unholy Hate is off CD you can squeeze it in right before Shock and thus get the most out of the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    Potential small adjustment:

I usually go WoF + HS + Shockstrike + Shock + HS + repeat. A mere permutation of casts, so it should not affect DPS.
    However this way once Unholy Hate is off CD you can squeeze it in right before Shock and thus get the most out of the buff.
    Yes, I didn't mention buffs cause that was just an example of spell rotation, but of course Unholy Hate, Pacts, Flame Body (good before WoF) ..

I got your point and that looks correct, probably a small optimization, but many small differences can make a big one
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 24th February 2015 at 09:49.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Did i miss some ninjabuff on wof 'cos on tl dps epeen thread highest dps was made without wof and without any buff pots.
    Malystrie, barb pvp 0,66 lvl
    Rinloth, pom (minigames lost 0)

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    Did i miss some ninjabuff on wof 'cos on tl dps epeen thread highest dps was made without wof and without any buff pots.
    Whether you use FoG, SS, or WoF as your main source of dmg, almost any spec is capable of doing around 2K dps( single target) in the right hands. People shouldn't be concerned about the "best dps spec" because in the right hands any spec is amazing with the demo. WoF is the prefered spec because it takes the least amount of effort to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Highest parse recorded in that thread was http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...l=1#post596159

By Dodgeball.
    If i remember, someone claimed to do alot more dps than me on a strawman parse using fog build. 2.1K dps is around my average best meaning i can do it consistantly, i dont count the 1-1,000,000 parse where I crit 80% of the time doing close to 2.5K dps as a legit parse. My point is stick with a play style you like to play and you can do very well with whatever you choose, dont be limited to what people considder the best spec and don't become a WoF spam bot.

Yeah, Amassed Flames FOG spamming and WOF spamming do around the same DPS (WOF is just easier and less taxing on mana, but the downside is you can't be ranged), it's all been proven. Limiting yourself to one thing is boring anyway (that's how we worked out FOG is just as good as WOF).

PS: You guys should parse without self inflicted damage on your parsers.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Right well here I am a few slacking months in an my demo is pretty much full BB (only legs to go) & a mix of accessories an using t2 weapons.

Just wondering what a rough figure for dps on a strawman parse should/could be?

Only asking as ive been running my wof build for a while an like the way it pulls together but just thought I would start stretching it as im intending to move on to t3+ etc

Im averaging about 1350+/- on the ole strawman but when i run it in various different ways ie: all buffs or full sw its not showing any improvement at all? Is that right? What am i missing here, feel free to give me a slap for idiocy if required

So while worrying about that ive played with a few other builds & none seem to go beyond that 1300+/- ceiling, a few drop quite a bit =/

Sooo any advice on running a parse correctly or if im on the right track for dps/gear at this stage would be appreciated.

Cheers

Note: ROF is 4/5 Caco 2/5 (Caco is showing roughly a 3rd of dps shown for other caco parses in this thread 33k vs 100k etc)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast