Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noob gear question

Default Noob gear question

As the headline says im having some trouble deciding what gear to use.

For now i mostly solo but i intend to do 6mans and raid with better gear and skills

I run a hybrid build 45 avatar/ 34 possesion

My rotation goes a little like this:

BtD - Pillar - Fire lance - (MSS) - BtD ... and Hellfire breath whenever possible

From patch notes i understand that the dot from BtD now scales correct with intelligence but that mean i should go with BB demo/necro gear instead of hox gear og maybe demo/necro from wolves or should i just go with hox wolf gear for more survivability?

BB hox gear (and the unchained set) is the only serious option still. There aren't really any times a hox should go for demo/necro gear (excluding accessories ofc), except temporarily if you lack a decent item in that slot, and you aren't ninja'ing from a demo/necro.

Go for Brittle Blade.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Go with BB HoX gear.

If you want some armor upgrades join hyrkanians and get Trial of Flame sword and Kakaba Guide necklace.
    In tier 3 get High Priests ring of Strength for armor. Ring of Intelligence for more Elemental protection
    From milestones quest get Cang-Jei's laugh for strength or Cang-jei's Grin for intelligence. This quest is repeatable so you can have both.

These are some of the easier to get accesories.
    The sword is one of the best you can get b.t.w. The AoK one is probably better (of that "level") but luck based to get. (T3 doesn't have the strength)

EDIT: Don't forget you can buy Wolves Dungeon Gear with tokens while aligned with Hyrkanians .... you just have to fight your way there
    Last edited by HaremBunny; 16th February 2015 at 11:44.
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

for BB HoX gear you mean the firebringer set or the battlethrall one??

Battlethrall chest and head.
    Firebringer wrists and feet.
    Charred earth legs, belt, hands, shoulders.

The set has not the same name for every piece, but it's referred a the BB set, since it is indeed one set, it's just FC that created an odd naming pattern which is rather confusing.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post

The set has not the same name for every piece, but it's referred a the BB set, since it is indeed one set, it's just FC that created an odd naming pattern which is rather confusing.
    The naming pattern is fine, people just forgot about it Faction armor names have a prefix and a suffix; the prefix tells you the tier (the lower three tiers are blue, the highest tier is purple), the suffix tells you where this piece of armor is obtained (dungeon drop / bought with rares / bought with MoA). In your case, you want the purple set, so you have to identify it by the prefix, which in this case is Blade's. (A problem with this is that a faction typically offers several different groups of armor sets, aimed at different classes, and they all use the same prefixes. So there is also a Blade's set for demo/necro, and another Blade's set for assassins.)

For details of the naming system, see the March 2010 letter, especially the very interesting illustration there:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...tor-March-2010

ok thanks. For comparation in power, is this set better than tier 3,4,5?

BB set offers more firepower than T3.5, but with much less survival / constitution.

T4 has more firepower than BB with the level of survival of T3.5.

T5 is slightly above T4 overall.

If you equip your HoX in full BB purple gear, you can consider it ready for anything in AoC, it can stept into T4 and T5 no problem.
    You migh need at time to equip a constitution ring like the death ward to gain that extra survival you need, but it's rather marginal unless you raid T3.5/5 with regularity.
    It's also worth noticing that T3.5/4/5 offers ton of hate decrease, where BB set has 0.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

BB set offers more firepower than T3.5, but with much less survival / constitution.

T4 has more firepower than BB with the level of survival of T3.5.

T5 is slightly above T4 overall.

If you equip your HoX in full BB purple gear, you can consider it ready for anything in AoC, it can stept into T4 and T5 no problem.
    You migh need at time to equip a constitution ring like the death ward to gain that extra survival you need, but it's rather marginal unless you raid T3.5/5 with regularity.
    It's also worth noticing that T3.5/4/5 offers ton of hate decrease, where BB set has 0.
    thanks, that was really helpfull.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast