Thread: Help With ChatBox :-(

Default Help With ChatBox :-(

Hello! I am new to the game and everything is good and i am premium and such etc etc.. BUT the chat in the chat box is a horrible color! It is Grey and i can hardly see it at all. I looked around settings and such and saw no option to change this. Is this the way it is? or am i missing something.

Go to

Code:
    \\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default
    Copy the file textColors.xml, and past it in

Code:
    \\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Customized
    Then edit it as you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Hmmm, im a computer noob but ill see what i can do with that info. thanks for the reply

If you didn't change the default installation path, then

Code:
    \\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default
    should be

Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default
    Colors are in hexadecimal, you can use one of those sites: 1, 2, 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

To be able to read the grey text better it would be easier to adjust the backround of the chatwindows.

menue options, scroll down to chat, change options (chatwindow activ/inactiv). 50 and 75 works for, I can take a look at it and read it, and if there is something intereseting I can see it more clearly by just moving the mouse over it.

interface options -> active / inactive chat opacity -> put it to 100%