Thread: 1he ibis vs 1hb maniacal harm

Default 1he ibis vs 1hb maniacal harm

Which one of those 2 weapons is better for dt in pvp?

Quill of Ibis: 116.3 dps (123-197), 40 crit rate, 61 crit dmg rate, 66combat rate(cold,electrical,holy), 40health tap rate
    Maniacl Harm: 123.0 dps (147-192) 56 crit rate, 63 crit dmg rate, 244 combat rate(unholy)

I ask cause maniacl harm overall seems better than ibis cause or unholy cr, more crit and more dps and the reason why i even bother trying to compare these 2 is cause of bell's myrth gem which u can put in ibis and gives u 1400 spell penetration(down from 2800). Harm uses black gem which gives u even more crit or more unholy dmg. Furthermore bell's myrth is purely luck based, whereas black gem bonus is constant. Can someone please tell me which one and why??
    Last edited by Giorgio; 9th February 2015 at 08:00.

Or T4? I have the same question for PVE too.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quite obviously the T3 crafted will be an upgrade to the T2 crafted. All of the stats are higher. Gem options are the difference, with magic damage unholy, combat rating electrical and crit rating for the Maniacal Harm being the most obvious choices. Ibis can of course have Bel's mirth, which is a 2 procs per minute spell penetration buff, that last for six seconds at a time. If proccing regularly it should be up 20% of the time in combat, and the unholy procs triggered while the effect is active will in most cases do more damage. Other options on Ibis include protection gems.

However:
    - Both the weapons are offensive, would say "dps weapons".
    - Both the weapons lack hit rating stat.

Given the actual price and effort required of the weapons, I would say it's just not worth it when you can compare to relatively easy obtainable weapons like Blossoming Death and the East Cleave of the Azure Dragon. Unless you make it a personal quest and really love farming shards.

can someone tell me which one is better for pvp and why? taking into account the gems too!

The differences are so marginal that you'd rather be blaming:

a) the latency
    b) funcom
    c) cheaters
    d) cheaters moms

Neither of these weapons will win or break any minigames or any pvp for you.

well u still not helping me understand the differrences exactly. i am sure the differrence is worth to be mentiond and it makes a bit of a boost!

Well you have already concluded with the answer in your opening post where you put all the attributes of the weapons together.

The difference of what Bels Mirth does, is about -20% / -15% / -10% if protection is under 50% / 55% / 60%.

If you are curious what that means, you could read this magnificent thread that goes in depth of how damage dealing in Age of Conan works.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ge-for-Dummies

so that means ibis is stronger for pvp cause of 1400 spell penetration right? despite the fact that harm has more dps and crit and unholy cr

Yes, if you proc unholy damage when you need it to proc, during the six second up time of Bel's Mirth. If you have both weapons in your inventory just do a parse vs a protection tank and check the numbers with each weapon.

You will crit more often with the Maniacal Harm. You will do higher white hits with Maniacal Harm. You will do higher crits from combo finishers with Maniacal Harm. Neither of the weapons will increase your hit rating and depending on how much magic damage you got, the Ibis will be better exponentially. If you do 35% physical and 65% unholy damage, the Ibis will probably do better on a parse, if you get procs in the period of which Bel's Mirth is up. If you do 60% physical and 40% unholy, the Maniacal Harm will probably pull ahead slightly. As said, it will be very small margins that make up this difference, and you could probably make the same difference by changing to the world boss magic damage cloak from nativity strength cloak.

i see so if i proc my good stuff during bell's myrth ibis is the best, so that means ibis wins ty!