Thread: PVP TALI : 5 pts in Improved dread fury Or in Shadowed Blade

Default PVP TALI : 5 pts in Improved dread fury Or in Shadowed Blade

Hello,

I play with a Tali template with 36 pts in depravity and 43 pts in desecration.

But in desecration tree, I have the choice to put 5 points in Improved dread fury or in Shadowed blade...

What do you think about these 2 options ?
    FURY

Default Shadowed Blade

I find that Shadowed Blade does much more for me than Improved AoDF - but your mileage may vary. If you are constantly running in and out and not able to land hexes - then you won't get as much benefit from Shadowed Blade - because while it does not increase the hex stack, the damage it does is based on the hex stack currently running - so even if you are using your hex stack to heal yourself, you still get the full stack for blade hits.

Improved AoDF (IIRC) is about 2.5% magical life tap, and more or less doubles the effectiveness of the base ability - which really isn't much to begin with anyway.

That's my opinion anyway, but someone like Shax might have more relevant info - or a few of the other higher end DTs running around.
    I'll show you roads overgrown and paved with promises long since forgotten, but what you take away will be as much about you as it is me. https://hjbuell.com/about-me/

Quote Originally Posted by Battleaxe View Post
    Hello,

I play with a Tali template with 36 pts in depravity and 43 pts in desecration.

But in desecration tree, I have the choice to put 5 points in Improved dread fury or in Shadowed blade...

What do you think about these 2 options ?
    Shadowed Blade, all the way.

Shadowed Blade adds +1 proc per minute per point spent in the feat, but does not help stacking the debuff.

It does not work the same way as casting the Shadow Hex, you still need to stack the debuff on the mob by casting Shadow Hex off every cooldown. Shadow Hex has cooldown of 10 seconds, so with zero lag and macroed button you can get 6 hits from it every 1 minute. The 5 points in Shadowed Blade gives you 5 procs in addition to the 6 you already got by casting the spell.

Shadow Hex can hit quite hard with the right buffs going and I always have it maxed when using a Desecration build with a talisman.

OP asks for advice to PvP feats, which I can not contribute with a qualified advice for that, due to lack of PvP experience, and I'd probably not run with a deeper talisman build in PvP. Mind Shatter, Invulnerable Soul, Mystical Bane+Ether Reap, Hex Marked Soul and Soul Barrier are quite useful tools I'd imagine. I would think that having the defensive stuff in General also outweighs the deeper desecration feats.

I'd guess Shadowed Blade would be better since Improved Dread Fury does next to nothing. The 2,5% health tap is passive and counts towards magical damage, so if you do a 2,5k crit from one of the magical procs you would get healed for 62 health extra, but if you do 5 extra heavy hits from Shadow Hex thats also gonna feed you some health. Aura of Dread Fury is group wide but I'm actually unsure if the group benefits from the feated buff or if the group get the unfeated buff. Pretty sure the group don't get the health tap, but I'd have to test that to be sure.