Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: Game Director Letter February

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I think FC has enough data to see if it's necessary to keep the translations going. Just because someone is russian that doesn't mean he needs or even wants to use russian client. I am polish and I never used polish client.

I am looking forward to the achievments, its been ever so long since I got anything substantial to do in AOC content wise
    I never used russian client too but we are veterans, we have played english client since release because we had no choice and now english client is better for us. But as a part of russian community i can say that 80% of russians literally dont talk english and cant even read+understand the text and cant play on any other language instead of native. And they will not go to learn english, they will just leave because there are too much defects in this game and it doesnt worth to stay here if ppl cant read new content and understand it. Try to imagine if AoC will be on korean language and may be you will understand.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 4th February 2015 at 03:18.

And since there are still no transfers imagine the AoC's future when a huge part of players leaves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    But as a part of russian community i can say that 80% of russians literally dont talk english and cant even read+understand the text and cant play on any other language instead of native. Try to imagine if AoC will be on korean language and may be you will understand.
    The fact that no Russian, was the reason why, for instance, I didn't try The Secret World
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Cool letter.

I can't wait for the achievement system to go live. I'm a bit surprised though that it's coming so soon.

I'm also very surprised they would say the crafting revamp will come with the update 4.6. They must be much more advanced than i would have guessed.

All in all, those are 2 very nice surprises.
    It seems to me many players are going to be very busy this year.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Looks like good content.
    I'll not enjoy most of it but that's about me.
    It's good stuff for AoC imo.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

From what I've seen so far, the achievements seem rather basic, i hope they implement some wacky titles, or else it will be no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I like the current crafting system, but if the new one will only be an addition and will not be more powerful than the current one, then I am fine with it.
    Yeah, you've definitely got a good point there, because the items you can create withe the current system already definitely are overpowered. I heard the top guilds stopped raiding T5 because the crafted armors are still more powerful. And why should they try to make a system that has been there from the start more powerful (=more relevant) than it currently is, just because it took them forever to roll it out?
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 4th February 2015 at 08:58.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

So much hatred around the Rage transfers. I have given all the information that I have and until things change that is how it it: waiting on the DBAs to have time and then a date will be set. I am not going to write that information into every GD letter that comes out.

As for the Russian translation, yeah I hate removing it, but it wasn't my call. Keep in mind it's not like the game will suddenly change to English, everything already translated will remain translated. So it refers only to future content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    So much hatred around the Rage transfers. I have given all the information that I have and until things change that is how it it: waiting on the DBAs to have time and then a date will be set. I am not going to write that information into every GD letter that comes out.
    I think the problem is not the lack of information at the moment, it's that players can't imagine it to be as time-consuming/hard to implement as you suggest, coupled with the feeling of being neglected and turned down time after time.
    Whether that is true is another story, but it's like always - nothing really matters, but only as long as you're not affected yourself.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    The fact that no Russian, was the reason why, for instance, I didn't try The Secret World
    You havent miss anything, good game but pve only so nothing special there. Millions of pve games are released again and again and all of them goes to oblivion few time after, dunno why MMO-developers dont concentrate on creating a good pvp game without terrible korean grindfest.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 4th February 2015 at 09:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post

As for the Russian translation, yeah I hate removing it, but it wasn't my call. Keep in mind it's not like the game will suddenly change to English, everything already translated will remain translated. So it refers only to future content.
    Is the notification system coming with achievment update?
    Retired

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast