Thread: Low Quality World Particles

Default Low Quality World Particles

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed recently that my world particles are very blurry and low quality, but I have no idea how to get them reset to high quality like they used to be. I have particle quality set to high, world particles enabled, show all particles etc. All settings are turned up, in DX 10 and sliders maxed (FXAA is turned off), and have changed settings to High but still didn't fix it.

I have a Nvidia 760GTX video card, drivers are recent with 344.75. I've tried deleting the shader cache files in the AoC folder but no luck so far. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

The drivers make the dx10 particles funky, dx9 particles works as normal though. Dont remember which driver version made them like this but i think it's about half year old at least.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

I had that problem too, on my secondary computer. At the time a NVidia GTX 560Ti. In the end the NVidia drivers got me so fed up, I swapped to AMD. I don't think I found a solution to running the game in DX10 with the good particles.

Anyone submitted a bug report to nvidia then? They do listen and take them into account. Just give them the information they ask and provide screenshots/videos/system log etc.

I've done it recently for another reason (corrupted underwater caustics with my gtx 970) and they acknowledged that it was a driver issue and they would look into it. I had success in the past with other games. They also fixed the Kepler crashes back in the days.

I don't think I have the world particles issue on my gtx 970 though, besides the corrupted underwater caustics it doesn't look any different that it did on my gtx 670 for 2+ years. Or maybe I just didn't notice?

Related to this : http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...8-Particle-bug right?

edit deux : well no I'm not affected. I can't change the particles quality in dx10 they are stuck on high (I compared with dx9 and dx9 low/medium look VERY different but dx9 high is the same as dx10 at any setting). So I can't file a report to nvidia either as I can't reproduce the bug D:
    Last edited by kalston; 2nd February 2015 at 21:32.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.