Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Transfers

Quote Originally Posted by ltburns View Post
    This is on a hugely diff scale , also are you telling us it could take up to 3 years to do this? lol.

The problem is for a lot of the people left in this game who PvP this is THE ISSUE , the achievement system is great and all but really on Fury and Rage 80% of it is for PvE and the 20% that is for PvP we can not do ( particularly on Rage) as there isn't the population , so new content rolls out we can not take part in, Crom is enjoying all this content updating all their cool titles and everything else and we need to be patient?

And in Scale of how long it takes to roll out content, a lot of stuff is being worked on, Crafting, new dungeons, PvP armor balancing, Achievement systems all cool stuff, and opening transfers should take a small fraction of the time all of these systems are taking yet make a massive amount of AoC players happy , when you weigh up the balance of making a large number of people happy and using resources then Transfers/Merges should be at the top of this list without doubt for bang for your buck
    Just to play Devils advocate for a moment: Every change has potential for un-foreseen and unwanted consciences. While allowing transfers would probably have little impact on game mechanics, as we have seen in the past a merge most likely would. As a project manager, you always need to weigh in the risk vs. the reward. Most of what Funcom is working on benefits all players (all servers and both PvP and PvE). While it is sad that Rage is in such a sorry state, how can Funcom justify impacting all of the players on all 3 servers to please the relatively small group of players on that one server?

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    I am just saying we do not have enough data to say that it's easy or it wouldn't take much time/resources. Nothing else
    I guess that's where I disagree haha. If it was something brand new that needed to be made from the ground up like the extensive achievement system (Which has been excellent so far by the way) then I could agree. The thing is that transfers and merges are things that have already been done countless times so its not exactly new territory. Opening transfers with a gold and item restrictions or a merge seems completely do able with minimal work input, I suspect they just haven't been working on it.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    Just to play Devils advocate for a moment: Every change has potential for un-foreseen and unwanted consciences. While allowing transfers would probably have little impact on game mechanics, as we have seen in the past a merge most likely would. As a project manager, you always need to weigh in the risk vs. the reward. Most of what Funcom is working on benefits all players (all servers and both PvP and PvE). While it is sad that Rage is in such a sorry state, how can Funcom justify impacting all of the players on all 3 servers to please the relatively small group of players on that one server?
    I agree with you to a point, but right now 1 out of the 3 servers(rage) is a ghost town waiting on transfers/merge, Fury the other is hurting more then it has been in the past, Logic would say place these together, bring in waiting people to return to game and extra revenue, Crom is the exception of course as it is self sustaining and can take part in all aspects of the game , as a Project manager the idea is to sustain and grow, and by ignoring the public and being very slow in making things happen its going to bleed revenue not increase it, While i like what im seeing coming out of Funcom on the whole, the amount of people you see bleeding out on the lesser two populated servers is shocking and something that can totally be stopped by being proactive ...

I do not know you Roddam, and have no idea who you may be in game, but ask yourself this, if the two servers that are hurting are both asking for the same thing, the technology is in place as has been shown with transfers/merges in the past why not bring them together, why not sustain it for as long as you can and squeeze all the revenue you can out of us , the only thing they do not have is the stupid filter that the DBA's are apparently waiting on the time to get to, why not get the filter complete, it would take a fraction of the time everything they are building from the ground up would take, and it would sustain the pvp servers and revenue for a while longer instead of bleeding out like it is now...

So nice weather we're having isn't it?
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    So nice weather we're having isn't it?
    Yup, first rain in 2015 tonight is going right now

PS GIEF MI TRANSFERZ

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Yup, first rain in 2015 tonight is going right now

PS GIEF MI TRANSFERZ
    Haha its still snowing over here. Figured we might as well small talk since there's literally nothing going on with the transfers. The lack of professionalism here is uncanny.

Id say its lack of workers. Craft revamp will be next if im not wrong. But i still hope for a transfer for my hox there

There will be no transfers or any crafting update or any real major update ever again...

Something happened....

Yep pretty sure it's over. No updates whatsoever, forums more dead than ever before by a HUGE amount, no game director, ignored Xfers/Mergers for years, and a crafting revamp literally nearly half a decade late.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Yep pretty sure it's over. No updates whatsoever, forums more dead than ever before by a HUGE amount, no game director, ignored Xfers/Mergers for years, and a crafting revamp literally nearly half a decade late.
    :/ pretty much

but there are so many things from both the Conan lore to the combat system that can succeed in another adaptation. i remember how AoC was planned for x360. i think that a variant of AoC developed similarly to current games (hint GTA 5, and basically every other AAA title except elder scrolls) where theres a single player mode and a separate multiplayer mode could work.

btw where dem xfers at

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast