Thread: Renting a TS3/Vent server, where?

Default Renting a TS3/Vent server, where?

Been thinking on renting a small voice comm server to when I do some PUGs (Raid or 6M). Looking for a server with 25-35 slots. So far I saw on www.multiplaygameservers.com 30 slots for just below £40.

Anyone knows of a better one?

note: I don't run my own server due to be in a shared house over wi-fi
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

http://www.typefrag.com/

They seem to have the best service and prices.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    http://www.typefrag.com/

They seem to have the best service and prices.
    Why not use raidcall, its free.

Typefrag was one of the first ones I tried but it is expensive IMO.

So far the one I mentioned has 50% off,

Teamspeak 3
    Players Player Slots (?) 30 Slots £6.60 Edit Edit
    Calendar Renewal Period (?) 12 Month Prepay £0.00 Edit Edit
    Voucher Voucher or Referral Code (?) voicecomms50 -£39.60 Edit Edit
    50% off all new Voice Comms servers!

12 Month Prepay Total £39.60
    Equivalent Monthly (2) £3.30
    Approximate Conversions (1) €53.06 , $59.80
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Quote Originally Posted by -Deukalion- View Post
    Why not use raidcall, its free.
    Same as Mumble but the problem is to get players to install one more program.

I chose to rent a dedicated server and host a TS3 server on it (with a site and a forum). The 500 slots license of TS3 is free, and it's way easier to run/configure than the other softs imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

For small scale stuff you can use mumble for free, just have to select a public channel
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    I chose to rent a dedicated server and host a TS3 server on it (with a site and a forum). The 500 slots license of TS3 is free, and it's way easier to run/configure than the other softs imo.
    Around what prices are you paying per month? Expecting to be more expensive than just a TS3. Unfortunately where I used to have a shell account is finished and my new webhosting provider does not offer this service - and wisely.

Usedtissue (eww..) - You can have a free one with 50 slots here, http://cleanvoice.ru/free/mumble/en.html - I have one empty for a while, need to push the groups to join in and test the quality. Maybe later.

I also hosts my own Minecraft server for my friends, so it costs me around 12€ per month. I admit I didn't go to the cheapest service either, so a basic server would still cost around 9€ per month. But I like what Gandi does, and the way they do it.

As for renting directly a TS3 server, did you take a look at the Teamspeak website? They list official hosters.
    Last edited by Nephturi; 28th January 2015 at 18:15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    I also hosts my own Minecraft server for my friends, so it costs me around 12€ per month. I admit I didn't go to the cheapest service either, so a basic server would still cost around 9€ per month. But I like what Gandi does, and the way they do it.

As for renting directly a TS3 server, did you take a look at the Teamspeak website? They list official hosters.
    I have mate