Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is all endgame content group oriented?

Default Is all endgame content group oriented?

I am new to this game and approaching level 80 (at 61 atm) and am beginning to plan ahead for when I finish. I understand there are multiple tiers of gear at level 80, and different styles of raids. I am not a big fan of grouping with others, so is there anything to be done solo at level 80? Without grouping, what is the max tier of gear that I can achieve?

without groups, the best gear you can get is khitai faction, epic boots and wrists, remaining pieces blue. you can take a look at it here: http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php
    there are also some solo instances where you can get some rare trophies (10-12 a day max), to buy the epic chest and helm.

also, once a month, there are world bosses, that drops t1/t2 raid gear, relics to buy t3, and eventually some unique epic weapons (you need to be very lucky to get one of them though).

but... to be honest, i strongly advice you to play with others. it's the best part of the game!!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Thank you for the reply and information.

My computer does not handle too many other people very well. I've played several other MMOs, doing endgame content in many of them (Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes, Star Trek Online, LOTRO, SWTOR) and truthfully, I find the endgame raiding to be less than fun. There is too much going on to really enjoy what is happening. Mix that in with the needs or events outside the computer screen making demands upon your attention (not to mention waiting upon those demands for the other players in your group), just makes raiding difficult to enjoy for me.

Also, I'm playing a carnage spec conqueror that is supposedly inferior to a brute spec, from what I've been reading online. Without any comparison, I do feel like my character is a little weak. I've watched many other classes solo large groups of mobs several levels higher than they were without problem, while I seem to choke upon more than two or three even leveled mobs. That being said, I do not wish to change to a two-handed brute spec. I like the dual wielding.

Quote Originally Posted by Turric View Post
    Also, I'm playing a carnage spec conqueror that is supposedly inferior to a brute spec, from what I've been reading online. Without any comparison, I do feel like my character is a little weak. I've watched many other classes solo large groups of mobs several levels higher than they were without problem, while I seem to choke upon more than two or three even leveled mobs. That being said, I do not wish to change to a two-handed brute spec. I like the dual wielding.
    i don't have a conqueror, so i cannot give you specific suggestions, but there are several conquerors in my guild that are playing just fine in carnage spec. don't forget that from lvl 60 you can start to use full plate armor, and it changes a lot in terms of survivability!!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Turric View Post

There's a good chance that the people you're seeing are heavily twinked and/or they are experienced players on an alt and thus making things look easy.

I'm not very familiar with conquerors but with other classes things can change dramatically with an increase in levels, especially from 40, 50 or so to 80.

Basic stuff is to use your Disciplines and Formations for extra dps and survivability if you're not already doing so. Also you may want to put enough points into Brute to get Lumbering Hulk and don't overlook weapon switching while fighting to use the two hand knockback and debuff even if you're carnage specced.

There is a quite a lot to be done solo at level 80 that can keep you happily occupied for a while. But in addition to the 24 person raids at end-game in AoC, there are many 6 person instances which can be fun, challenging and fast, and also yield good equipment you can't get from solo play. This might be something for you if larger groups are not appealing.
    Also, it is possible to be a carnage-feated tank in groups - probably as an offtank until you have some strong gear.
    Last edited by Ladihawke; 17th January 2015 at 09:11.

Ah, I was not aware that one should put points in the opposite tree. At level 61, I think I am something like 30+ points in Carnage and 20 some points in Soldier for a little defense. The stuns and knockbacks that mobs do is killing me, I will admit. I've looked around for a good carnage spec, the only ones I could find are for PVP (I am on Crom server). Almost all the specs I find are Brutes.

Wish I could find a good explanation of how many points to put in each spec and why. Which abilities are waste and which are essential.

There is some end-game content that is solo but still has a progression/gear check element - questing in the very-hard Dragonspine zone and challenging solo dungeons like Refuge of the Apostate, Isle of Iron Statues HM, Dead Man Isle HM come to mind. However, this content is pretty limited compared to group content, and not really something that keeps you playing by itself.

This is really not the game for the solo player after 80. There's some things to do and you can probably grind alone for months to get stuff that can be gotten in days with grouping but it wouldn't be worth the effort. Raiding is feces as is custom in MMOs but grouping is much less obnoxious and you might try to get in a casual guild.

If you're carnage, then you should put points into improved momentum (AA) and use double tap forward with bladeweave. Hitting multiple enemies will net you some insane dmg numbers (with frenzy) and 1.5-2 sec stuns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast