Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: returning players

Default returning players

out here on Fury every single returning player doesn't have a clue about the pvp events, more than 6 month old content. Any of you think there might be a disconnect between FC making content and potential customers not learning about it?

I guess FC is aware of it and that's why they're working on that new in-game announcement feature, which will allow players to be informed of anything happening, like world boss and PvP events.

That being said, on Crom either, people are not that aware of when and where PvP events are happening, but well, most don't give a damn about it anyway.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

As a returning player I agree! Without lots of forum research or a very helpful guild it's almost impossible to notice everything that's going on ingame.

Beside world boss and PVP event notifications it would be great to have some kinda info about the solo dungeons as well. I often found cool stuff when I didn't really need to go there anymore.

Yeah I agree the info on a lot of things is a little vague but thats to be expected due to its age & the ever devouring interwebs but im sure it can be off putting for returning & new players alike.

One of the things I think they should do is just make all those low level dungeons have the solo option as finding a group for them can be tough for new players & thusly enhances that ghost town image so they dont stay.

Even some kinda pdf guide would do for me tbh.

There is some cool stuff in the newcomers section of the forum, but most things are hard to find if you do not know what you are exactly looking for. And you can not search for things you do not even know exist. I often feel that new players are overwhelmed by all the things a vet can tell or show them, but it is really hard to gather short, but usefull pieces of information. It became just to much. It is not that common any more to do some research about a MMO, but some of the newcomers questions are answered in the newcomers forum, and often in a great way. (Projans map to get around in Hyboria for example).

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...Need-some-help

But a lot of very usefull information is burried in old guilds forums, and it is near to impossible to find it via google if you do not exactly know what to look for.

I like to think the purpose of ageofconan.com is to inform ppl of what happens on the servers

The monsters Tab mentions 6 monsters: The Acheronian Warlord, The Blood Defiler, The Giant Ape, The Flesheater, The Savage Cannibals, The The Malicious Shadows, Vistrix, and Yakema The Soul Eater

old, and mostly dead content

The PvP tab emphasizes guilds warring for resources

again, mostly dead content

You cant expect prospecting customers to download the game only to see that the content advertised is dead, You can't expect new unadvertised content to attract new customers when you can't even advertise it on your own site (hint: t4, t5, WB, pvp events)

As is, to find any current information on AoC you need to read every single dev letter hopping to find what you are looking for.

I noticed some flags appearing on some random areas, but no idea how to actual partake in event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naberu
    "Is she blood-related? If not, j-j-jam it in! If so, meh...j-j-jam it in anyways!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I guess FC is aware of it and that's why they're working on that new in-game announcement feature, which will allow players to be informed of anything happening, like world boss and PvP events.

That being said, on Crom either, people are not that aware of when and where PvP events are happening, but well, most don't give a damn about it anyway.
    Problem is there isn't much to announce :P
    The Law of Fury

PvP event has started , and again this is happening ''[Global] [***]: whats goin on?'', thank The Law and Ominous for trash talking each other in Global for anyone to even notice the event.

How on earth can you get new players to AoC when ppl online don't know what's happening.

*edit* couple questions later: ''[Global] [***]: what does arena of death do?''. Like sheesh is there anything that players can know anything ofnthe events online, or do your very reliable players gotta do all the work?
    Last edited by Melcom; 9th February 2015 at 11:24. Reason: remove Names

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast