Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H1z1

Default H1z1

Early access this thursday 1/15 for $20 on steam. Game is free at launch at the end of the year.

https://www.h1z1.com/home
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Until its been done properly & everyone is sated I highly doubt they will...

Saying that will probably pick up the early access of H1Z1 to give it a looksie

Combat looks like one in Infestation stories, the melee combat. Sadly, hype was strong till i saw those videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naberu
    "Is she blood-related? If not, j-j-jam it in! If so, meh...j-j-jam it in anyways!"

I can't understand why it's so hard for developers to make a setting like AoC as a sandbox game that involves pure PVP of fighting over digital land, castles, resources and crafted items that are shipped around in real time like DayZ. But you know, that's too much to ask for... instead we get the same cookie cutter mmo's made over and over again with a different layer of skin.

Quote Originally Posted by disaztrs View Post
    I can't understand why it's so hard for developers to make a setting like AoC as a sandbox game that involves pure PVP of fighting over digital land, castles, resources and crafted items that are shipped around in real time like DayZ. But you know, that's too much to ask for... instead we get the same cookie cutter mmo's made over and over again with a different layer of skin.
    Black desert is the only sandbox coming out in the next 2 years with a half decent combat system. And this video is from april when the first combat changes came into korean beta. There will be another change after the last testing cycle going on now. http://youtu.be/yZQpas7F2VU

Started talking with code contributors on the SWG emulator project to gain some basic info or enough knowledge to find out if it is even possible to create a pre1.04 emulator for age of conan based on the original CD from box copies. It will take years. But it may be a possible kickstarter idea if it is possible. SWG had about 300k die hard players at its highest point and now has a great emulator with about 5000 active players across a few servers and the project is not even done. At AoC high point it had more than SWG by a few 100k, mainly because PC gaming being a larger market by the time of AoC release. Could imagine that there would be interest in a AoC pre1.04 emulator enough to get people to donate time to code and money for hardware.

Could see a no guard kesh again with large groups of gemmed players slamming into each other in a AoCEmu being awesome. Or even a simple thing of signing up for mini games with just 2 or 3 friends again would be nice.
    Last edited by raist718; 14th January 2015 at 23:21.

The genre that just won't die...

Watching the streamed footage of the one guy playing/scavenging this seems more like a homeless person simulator than a game. He just needed an old shopping cart to push around.

Default Gloria Victis

Check out Gloria Victis. It's got an amazingly in depth crafting system, superb gear and playability, and is overall a fun game - at least in my opinion. The PvP is great when it's happening, and they just released a US server (sad, but then I suppose that they want to have different servers all doing their best so that people can put out good word of mouth).

http://gloriavictisgame.com/

Anyway, plop down $10 and you can check it out. Just keep in mind that it is in a pre alpha (I think it is a VERY playable pre alpha). There is a lot good with the game, in my opinion, and I look forward to seeing where it goes and how the overall game develops.

One thing I particularly like is that rather than needing to tap directional keys for combos, you 'swing' your weapon based on where your mouse is positioned. You also get weapon damage bonuses based on the weapon type (so stabbing with an axe does much less damage than an overhead swing - which does extra damage). The game is far from polished (sometimes agro one mob draws down 10 more and you get wasted), but it's a great 'skill' based game.

A bad player with the best equipment can be overcome in PvP by a skilled player with poor equipment. A true sandbox (at least so far), and I quite like it. When the NDA drops, I'll be posting quite a bit on it elsewhere.

Edit: Man - just looked at the Black Desert videos - and boom, I was sucked back in time about 30+ years to an arcade, playing games like Gauntlet with the trademark Asian 'ding, ding' sounds. Definitely something they'll want to remove from the European / NA / Oz markets (dear gods I hope). As far as I saw in the linked vids, Black Desert looked like Captain America fighting with a sword all old school Nintendo / Final Fantasy style, and bore absolutely zero resemblance to Age of Conan (or any of the things I like about AOC).

That said, the combat 'roll' was pretty cool (even if it did look like Captain America).
    Last edited by RunningWolf; 15th January 2015 at 03:13. Reason: Added Some Thoughts...
    I'll show you roads overgrown and paved with promises long since forgotten, but what you take away will be as much about you as it is me. https://hjbuell.com/about-me/

I grabbed Gloria Victis just before Xmas & ive gotta say I found it the complete opposite of what youve said

Sparse, barren & from what I can see not that many improvements since some of the 2012 info thats around, to be fair I didnt give it enough of a chance & will have to look at it again but with it being another one of the early access brigade I cant see it ever making beta let alone finished.

As said my own views are limited to my playtime so will have to look again.

Edit: As for Black Desert

It sure does look pretty but after a few hours im sure its almost seizure inducing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNLdwObORZM
    Can only hope that the Western release isnt smothered in grind or lockboxes something again I highly doubt....ala ArchAge...
    Last edited by Rhyxx; 15th January 2015 at 13:51.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast