Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you want the arena to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    This. I'm looking forward to a group arena, but I still think a server merge and PVP ranking need to be top priority.
    My understanding of the last GD Letter is that a PvP ranking system is unfortunately out of question. At least that's what I suppose JB means by "matchmaking".

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam
    we took a look at the design and expanded the scope to include expanded team sizes. The one feature that would drive the expense through the roof would be matchmaking, so teams for the arena will need to be self-organized.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by disaztrs View Post
    lol that was my entire point. I don't understand what you're getting at?
    That your complaint is pointless.
    Last edited by Hyall; 14th January 2015 at 16:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    My understanding of the last GD Letter is that a PvP ranking system is unfortunately out of question. At least that's what I suppose JB means by "matchmaking".
    matchmaking is FC's team balance for minis

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    matchmaking is FC's team balance for minis
    Well, if even something like their current matchmaking is out of the question, we're not going to see a much more complex ranking algorithm any time soon
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

considering FC's limited resources, do you want FC to complete the arena?

For me, pvp rankings added to the achievement system would be the best. I would also like to see an update on the ageofconan.com site to include information on the pvp events, and a new page featuring player rankings.

What are your thoughts on the arena, and do you think its the right place to invest resources?
    So arena or new mini maps for 2vs2 or 3vs3 is the same thing if I am not mistaken?whatever new pvp content is always welcome...because I will never forget how this game was, when it started..It was all about pvp...And 90% of the population was pvp oriented...This got me into game..AAhhh the good old days...I am up for whatever can fresh up,revive if u will the Pvp content of this game..!!!
    "To the Humble He gives His Grace.....From the Proud He Hides His Face"

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    So arena or new mini maps for 2vs2 or 3vs3 is the same thing if I am not mistaken?whatever new pvp content is always welcome...because I will never forget how this game was, when it started..It was all about pvp...And 90% of the population was pvp oriented...This got me into game..AAhhh the good old days...I am up for whatever can fresh up,revive if u will the Pvp content of this game..!!!
    would the possibility that pvpers get split up between arena, pvp zone, and mini be a concern of yours?

would the possibility that pvpers get split up between arena, pvp zone, and mini be a concern of yours?
    I sense irony here...I choose not to answer u...I don't like the way ur sentence sounds to my ears..when I read it loudly..!!!!
    "To the Humble He gives His Grace.....From the Proud He Hides His Face"

considering FC's limited resources, do you want FC to complete the arena?

For me, pvp rankings added to the achievement system would be the best. I would also like to see an update on the ageofconan.com site to include information on the pvp events, and a new page featuring player rankings.

What are your thoughts on the arena, and do you think its the right place to invest resources?
    PVEwise i liked the idea of collecting pets and then fighting them. This would also be content not in the game already. So, definitely not a waste of resources.

But if you ask me, they can postphone the 1 vs 1 pvp arena till whatever date. You can do this already in the open world AND khemi and kheshatta arenas. So, unless they definitely will make player configurable arenas where small groups can fight other small groups (a bit like in khemi already, but public and with stats), this sounds like a waste of resources (especially when there are years again between the pvp solo arenas and the pvp group arenas).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 15th January 2015 at 02:13.

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    I sense irony here...I choose not to answer u...I don't like the way ur sentence sounds to my ears..when I read it loudly..!!!!
    well, on Fury, minis tend to be a little less frequent on some parts of the day during the pvp week. Most people are at peace with that. If the arena goes live and were successful with the current base (the arena wont get any newcomer to AoC, the pvp Festival has 0 visibility on the live servers, on ageofconan.com, or the forums except a sticky in the pvp section. Basically the only way right now for someone to know the events exist is to, by accident, go in the zone while an ongoing event is occurring) that would mean that the player base for the events or the minis would without a doubt diminish.

I would love some 1on1, but i guess 2on2, 3on3 also would be awesome... even more so with rankings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12