Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you want the arena to happen

Default Do you want the arena to happen

considering FC's limited resources, do you want FC to complete the arena?

For me, pvp rankings added to the achievement system would be the best. I would also like to see an update on the ageofconan.com site to include information on the pvp events, and a new page featuring player rankings.

What are your thoughts on the arena, and do you think its the right place to invest resources?

2v2 3v3 5v5 Should have done this years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    considering FC's limited resources, do you want FC to complete the arena?

For me, pvp rankings added to the achievement system would be the best. I would also like to see an update on the ageofconan.com site to include information on the pvp events, and a new page featuring player rankings.

What are your thoughts on the arena, and do you think its the right place to invest resources?
    The arena concept is just a modification of something that already exists in khemi sparring arena, and Coils of the serpent in Kesh. They could save a lot of resources if they just change these two arenas into a que like mini games but allowing for 2x2 3x3 4x4 matches that comparable pvp xp to minigames. I was thinking though, to make Coils of the serpent more interesting and different from Khemi sparing arena, to allow for more than 2 groups to fight. Since Coils of the serpent arena is so large, and has the option for 4 different teams already, you can easily have 4 teams of 3 people fight at once or 4 teams of 4, would make it interesting for sure. The best way to implement this is to have a que similar to mini games and teleport all players into the arena and let them choose their own teams by picking the capes, if they dont choose a cape they will be randomly assigned a cape after 60 secs. There should be no option to leave the game or go into hide for more than 10 seconds.

Q: Do you want the arena to happen
    A: Yes
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

2v2 or more, yes. 1v1 would be a waste of ressources IMO.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

What good are arena's when the game requires very little skill curve? Altercations to class abilities and the core mechanic system would need refining in order for arena's to even be viable lol.

Until that is resolved, arena's would be broken due to certain class make ups always overruling no matter what the players skill level is at (unless they were terrible) which doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by disaztrs View Post
    What good are arena's when the game requires very little skill curve?
    PvP in Age of Conan is the wrong place to complain about skill curves. Players start a fight under different conditions (gear, AA) that impact the outcome of it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyall View Post
    PvP in Age of Conan is the wrong place to complain about skill curves. Players start a fight under different conditions (gear, AA) that impact the outcome of it a lot.

lol that was my entire point. I don't understand what you're getting at?

Should cost either arena or premade "ranked" for a new tier. It's a good system only rewarding the most willing.
    Boyscout bearshaman

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    2v2 or more, yes. 1v1 would be a waste of ressources IMO.
    This. I'm looking forward to a group arena, but I still think a server merge and PVP ranking need to be top priority.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast