Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Watered Down Combat (PVP)

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey- View Post
    pls funcom make an injection with *pure skill* to aoc servers!
    plez.
    It's a dream. because you will always have rich players with very good PC and mouse with 1000 buttons, and locations with bad latency and ping....
    FURY

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Gear meant little but there where still many bugs and imbalances. When people think of 2008 they think of 3 vs 10 fights they would win finger in the nose and call that skill while the truth is it was rathe the lack of skill of the opponents. It wasn't that the game play was better or more skillful it was just that the game was young and noobs plenty more.
    Note that during bug Gemmes era gear meant a lot.

Nowadays though gear isn't half as gamebreaking as it was a few years ago. Getting PvP entry gear is super fast and it is now faster through PvP than it is through K6. The only thing you can really complain about nowdays is AAs gain in PvP... but that aswell is so much faster than it use to be.
    Not really. It only is faster, if you are already past a certain power threshold and grind the new content (e.g. quests, mini quests etc.) and then only, if you WIN them or farm alts.
    For a new 80 who levelled maybe in a small guild with few friends max, it is worse than 2010 now. Not only because of the system, but with low population the flaws of the system and design are weighing exponentially more than otherwise.

You still have no good measure of power and situations. Killing a p10 500% more powerful than you does not yield much more than killing a new green geared 80 (and the fact that people can be statwise that far more powerfull without ANY drawback or tradeoff or need for specialization is a bad design on its own for pvp). The reward system is based only on winning and "kills" (where the calculation is argueable).
    There is no taking into account for activity, strategy, fighting against the odds, farming alts (well, there is still the kill xp degraduation, but the new quests kind of work around that), afk killings, killing people fighting mobs, teamplay, healing etc..
    There is no proper consequence system for open world either.

They did some proper things, though, but far from enough to allow for saying: "the system is way better now":
    - The guards have improved by becoming green, but they still are exploitable.
    - killing lowbies now gives no more kills (but still a death for the lowbie, so not really a big improvement)
    - some of the new quests are actually doable and fun to solo or play with small groups (but especially in case of the event week, this has a LOT of optimization potential)

If you do not believe me, then simply compare the rewards for playing in the event zone without a quest or maybe headhunt and kill 40 for 4hours and the rewards for the same char with support and allowance into the "winning" groups each event and assuming this group farms each other in between the events (and during). You should see, something is wrong with the design here (though fixable, imo).
    If you still do not believe, then do the same for the average of 24 players in the zone, who in first scenario just fight each other like or do player made pvp content and then second scenario as above (where only 6 of the 24 actually benefit much). Imo this design limits the motivation to go and fight a LOT and is definitely not made for the benefit of a majority in a crowded instance (which is essential, if you want population, unless you make fighting against the odds reflecting in your system and worth the while either in fun or rewards).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th January 2015 at 12:53.

I see the same terrible players that discuss the past as not being skill based by using evidence such as "gem stacking, combo molding, 1 shotting". Everyone here knows gem stacking was broken and there was a period where it didn't even matter. Combo molding required more skill then the crap you're playing now, whether you agree with that or not. At least combo molding required timing and 2-3 combo steps to be executed as opposed to your instant damage abilities you have now at the click of a button. Not to mention the gear gap now is so extreme that when I log on to my PVP 10 sin, I actually feel bad for killing players any lesser then me. I use to go against pvp 10 sins while being pvp 7-8 and beat them and if I only knew how ridiculously overpowered they were at pvp 10, I would have been laughing harder then I did then. I can literally 2 shot almost all classes wearing medium armor or under at PVP 10, which is just absurd at the click of 2 buttons over and over again on my Assassin.

The old 1 shotting back in the day was only feasible on a few select classes and the mockery of BV is a joke compared to half the crap that goes on in the game now a days. Look at the Ranger, Conq, Pom, Sin in it's current state now... how is that any different? The only difference now is that gear means everything, movement means nothing and the new CC system is absolutely fried. It is impossible to lock down a target in a fight during competitive player, especially ones like POMS and Rangers that have such retarded AoE instant CC's that can stop an entire group.

The game as it stands is for cowards and people who can't compete and want a system based on easy mode abilities, long grinded gear advantage that will give the average person fatigue to try and achieve and a CC mechanic system in which allows players to have slow reaction time and poor teamwork awareness to even the playing field. If you can't see that as a problem in this game, then you're the problem of the game.

The game is dead and for a very good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by disaztrs View Post
    I see the same terrible players that discuss the past as not being skill based by using evidence such as "gem stacking, combo molding, 1 shotting". Everyone here knows gem stacking was broken and there was a period where it didn't even matter. Combo molding required more skill then the crap you're playing now, whether you agree with that or not. At least combo molding required timing and 2-3 combo steps to be executed as opposed to your instant damage abilities you have now at the click of a button. Not to mention the gear gap now is so extreme that when I log on to my PVP 10 sin, I actually feel bad for killing players any lesser then me. I use to go against pvp 10 sins while being pvp 7-8 and beat them and if I only knew how ridiculously overpowered they were at pvp 10, I would have been laughing harder then I did then. I can literally 2 shot almost all classes wearing medium armor or under at PVP 10, which is just absurd at the click of 2 buttons over and over again on my Assassin.

The old 1 shotting back in the day was only feasible on a few select classes and the mockery of BV is a joke compared to half the crap that goes on in the game now a days. Look at the Ranger, Conq, Pom, Sin in it's current state now... how is that any different? The only difference now is that gear means everything, movement means nothing and the new CC system is absolutely fried. It is impossible to lock down a target in a fight during competitive player, especially ones like POMS and Rangers that have such retarded AoE instant CC's that can stop an entire group.

The game as it stands is for cowards and people who can't compete and want a system based on easy mode abilities, long grinded gear advantage that will give the average person fatigue to try and achieve and a CC mechanic system in which allows players to have slow reaction time and poor teamwork awareness to even the playing field. If you can't see that as a problem in this game, then you're the problem of the game.

The game is dead and for a very good reason.
    You are the same guy who claims on global (on Fury) how you are good and most rest of players are bad, and if someone has kiled you it's because your friends were using your account..
    You have zero credibility to me.
    You don't like game, yes think it's dead, or no skill based or whatever you want, leave remembering old good days, when you and your carnage freinds ruled (or at least are convinced so..) and just leave game and forum forever.. goodbye.

Many of good things to discuss on this thread, but not really worth spending time to comment considering how it was started.. anyway some good comments I share:

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Nowadays though gear isn't half as gamebreaking as it was a few years ago. Getting PvP entry gear is super fast and it is now faster through PvP than it is through K6. The only thing you can really complain about nowdays is AAs gain in PvP... but that aswell is so much faster than it use to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bendowill View Post
    Seems like every class has some cheesy skills now Isn't it rather the case that ever since AoC is out there were always classes which had "cheesy" skills, also in the glorious bygone times?
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 24th January 2015 at 15:57.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    You are the same guy who claims on global (on Fury) how you are good and most rest of players are bad, and if someone has kiled you it's because your friends were using your account..
    You have zero credibility to me.
    You don't like game, yes think it's dead, or no skill based or whatever you want, leave remembering old good days, when you and your carnage freinds ruled (or at least are convinced so..) and just leave game and forum forever.. goodbye.

Many of good things to discuss on this thread, but not really worth spending time to comment considering how it was started.. anyway some good comments I share:

My friend was using my account. What's your point? lol

I haven't played this game for over 6 months, I logged in and played for a maximum of 6 mini games all of which I topped the charts on except one because the other team was stacked and I had a bunch of PVP 2's, which was my point to begin with.

I logged on my pvp 3 demo. I was literally getting one shot on Fury. Take a cc, remove it only to be cc'd again. One combo later I'm dead. Over and over again. Its lame. It is almost unplayable unless you have patience and some deep love to dying. A new player comes with a fresh toon and dies like this? They will not last.

Quote Originally Posted by disaztrs View Post
    My friend was using my account. What's your point? lol

... I logged in and played for a maximum of 6 mini games all of which I topped the charts on except one because the other team was stacked and I had a bunch of PVP 2's, which was my point to begin with.
    Yeah, that makes you really best player in game and rest all nabs (according to your global trash talk).. and ofc every comment you make good for the game
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Yeah, that makes you really best player in game and rest all nabs (according to your global trash talk).. and ofc every comment you make good for the game
    The game has about 10 really good players that are hard to tell how good they really are because the game limits peoples skill. It had a higher skill curve in the past, but even then it still wasn't high enough to determine who is "the best" because the game as I stated before is very limited and is based on so many variables.

The comments I have made are logical and accurate. I am not the reason why this game suffers.

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    I logged on my pvp 3 demo. I was literally getting one shot on Fury. Take a cc, remove it only to be cc'd again. One combo later I'm dead. Over and over again. Its lame. It is almost unplayable unless you have patience and some deep love to dying. A new player comes with a fresh toon and dies like this? They will not last.
    Well things get a lot better once you get PvP 1 gear and weapons.
    I agree though that a fresh 80 player jumping in a minigame with blue gear and few AA has hard life.. but in the end it takes few days to get PvP 4.
    The alternatives you have are:

- grind some purple or good blue PvE gear (really good for demos btw to start), which takes 1 week more or less again (can be more or less depending on yoru play time ofc);
    - buy PvP 1 set from store.

I wrote many times on forum that Funcom should make a PvP 0 set available to everyone starting a PvP mini-game for first time.. but in the end we also must understand that Funcom needs to make some money and PvP players can be F2P, so just play without loosing pretty mcuh nothing of the PvP part of the game.. so well imo AA remains the hardest gap, but I don't see things so drastic atm as they were back when Kithai was just released (AA grind, as well as MoAs grind, took forever...).
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 24th January 2015 at 17:10.

No, the comments you made are truly s***t.
    I have topped kills so many times, on sin, demo or even BS.
    But I don't shout on global that I'm pro 24/7 and claim how rest of players are ****, and what I think is right and what other people think is trash.

Your are just.. lol..
    Depends on who you're facing.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast