Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Watered Down Combat (PVP)

Yeah, who didn't like unstoppable combo skipping MALE barb/BS, tos multi hits and guard's glorious bloody vengeance? (to mention only them )
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendowill View Post
    Seems like every class has some cheesy skills now Isn't it rather the case that ever since AoC is out there were always classes which had "cheesy" skills, also in the glorious bygone times?
    Blasphemy! Comboskipping was pure skill! Bloody vengance was pure skill! Gem guards were pure skill! Barbs which kicked or stunned you and killed you with one combo 100% were pure skill! Tos who oneshitted even guards with just one buffed lightning strike were pure skillbased. Demos which killed a whole group with just let them burn were pure skill! Necros killing ppl through walls with grip of death were pure skill!

Do i need to go on or mark it with a sarcasm tag so everyone notice the big bul.lshit in this thread?

There has not been a moment in this game where someone was not bitching about pvp. I think the great players have always taken the lemons and made sweet lemonade while the rest of the fail just whines and bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    There has not been a moment in this game where someone was not bitching about pvp. I think the great players have always taken the lemons and made sweet lemonade while the rest of the fail just whines and bitches.
    QFT /10chars

yeah that too. but there were always serious bugs, inbalance and exploits in aoc history. always. since start. now and then. it wasnt better in the old days. to be precise, from 2008 on, most of the time it was way worse then today.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    yeah that too. but there were always serious bugs, inbalance and exploits in aoc history. always. since start. now and then. it wasnt better in the old days. to be precise, from 2008 on, most of the time it was way worse then today.
    Back in the day dt sucked in pvp☺ tho u could be a killing machine if u had gem gear with gem bugs xD
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

I love this!

The old days in aquilonia...Open pvp everywhere..unstoppable ganking in all maps..Leveling was impossible..only if u got group and atogether u were gaining levels..We had Nicopol bounty hunter Hox..People gave him gold to kill other people..Ha!ha!(He was a good hox by the way)...We had empire guild..Half server were them,and the other half server was against them...Tons of good pvp players..after that they all moved to fury...Premades running all the time..Minis of all levels running all the time..Nobody cared about class balance..Nobody was complaining about skills,combos etc...It was kill or be killed...So don't know...I think everythin was better back then..I mean even if some people were killing tons of others..U had a choice..U could team up with friends and go after that specific demo for example..and farm him again and again until he was no longer interested in killing u anymore...It was fun..It was fun..It was fun...Now...Hmm..i d rather not go into details on how pvp is nowadays...I will need like 2 whole pages..And i'll end up being graphic..!!!!
    "To the Humble He gives His Grace.....From the Proud He Hides His Face"

No PvPer will say the current 2014 combat system is better than it was in 2008. That is a simple fact. Gear used to mean so little in PvP.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    No PvPer will say the current 2014 combat system is better than it was in 2008. That is a simple fact. Gear used to mean so little in PvP.
    Gear meant little but there where still many bugs and imbalances. When people think of 2008 they think of 3 vs 10 fights they would win finger in the nose and call that skill while the truth is it was rathe the lack of skill of the opponents. It wasn't that the game play was better or more skillful it was just that the game was young and noobs plenty more.
    Note that during bug Gemmes era gear meant a lot.

Nowadays though gear isn't half as gamebreaking as it was a few years ago. Getting PvP entry gear is super fast and it is now faster through PvP than it is through K6. The only thing you can really complain about nowdays is AAs gain in PvP... but that aswell is so much faster than it use to be.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast