Thread: double tab forward before combo finisher

Default double tab forward before combo finisher

Is it true that if I use double tab forward before combo finisher I improve my chances to trigger the stun because all the hits of the combo finisher can trigger it?

Or is it another myth?

I've been told to do this on Tothamon for years but I'm not really sure that is working.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

It's not, on a 24 ppl raid you just need 4 melee taking turn on double tap to get a constant stun stuation.

Yes it will stun your enemy if you do a double tap forward before the combo finisher.

I tested this out with my guardian (polearm spec), I used Storm Strike (AoE combo, even enemies behind you will get damaged) for the best results and used the double tap before finishing the combo, it is pretty random how many mobs you will stun with this tactic, sometimes there is not a singel stun, even in a huge bunch of mobs, somtimes you can nearly stun all of them.

But I saw the stun only apply at the LAST hit of the combo (storm strike has only 2 hits), its like the aegis mobs at the keeper, Rangers can use "deft stabs" (instant combo) and only get damage for the last hit of their combo.
    Last edited by xCodename; 13th January 2015 at 14:18.

You can do it even with a white hit.
    Depends on your luck.

I find it's about 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 hits for a stun, regardless of white hits or combo finishers.

I almost always stun with GoDS 4, which is the starter hit and an animation of 3 hits.

In raid situations a double tap before a end tier DW combo (Bloodbath 7 or BH6) almost guarantees a stun.

That's my conk anyways, I would assume it translates across to other melee classes' combos of similar length.
    I don't make points I make dents.

"Double tapping forward gives you a buff that lasts about 8s which gives your melee hits a chance to stun..."

You can see the buff ticking down.
    With each hit delivered, your char has a chance to cause a stun.
    So the more hits done while the buff is active, the higher the chance to stun the target(s). A combo finisher might cause a couple of blows in a short time.

With a bit of luck you can stun the opponent(s) more than once with just one double tap.
    Nalianda

Hum, no? It only says "your next attack has a high chance of stunning the target". I'm pretty sure it's only your next hit, not hits, that has a chance of stunning. Though that could mean it works like renewal on combo finishers but I've never seen several stuns in a row (nor the damage effect proc several times)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Hum, no? It only says "your next attack has a high chance of stunning the target". I'm pretty sure it's only your next hit, not hits, that has a chance of stunning. Though that could mean it works like renewal on combo finishers but I've never seen several stuns in a row (nor the damage effect proc several times)
    It procs from every hit in your finisher. I managed to get 58 damage procs from empowered momentum with one finisher of dooming pressence on a big trashpull in T'ian'an.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 18th January 2015 at 00:57.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    The tooltip is funcommy vagueness. It says "next attack" but means any hit handed within that duration of the buff. You wont ever see a double stun in pvp because of the global immunity but in pve I have seen on many occasions chain-stuns, both soloing and in raid environments.

You can open a new chat window and customize it to the show the "Your momemtum damages X" message to see how often it procs and for how much. Make sure the tab "You affected Other by magic" is checked. and you will see something like this.

17:20] Your Empowered Momentum hits Territorial Darkrunner for 59 slashing damage.
    [17:20] Your Empowered Momentum hits Territorial Darkrunner for 59 slashing damage.
    You Affected Other has been removed from this window.
    [17:20] Your Empowered Momentum hits Grasslands Nightrunner for 59 slashing damage.
    [17:20] Your Empowered Momentum hits Grasslands Nightrunner for 59 slashing damage.

That's the damage in NG by my baby sin with t2 quest reward daggers with a top-rank Swift Strikes.
    Last edited by Unutterable; 18th January 2015 at 01:23.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Yeah it actually works. Though I rarely more than 1-2 procs on a single target. But I managed to see two on a strawman just now.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.