Thread: elemental/holy combat rating

Default elemental/holy combat rating

how can i interpret the combat rating of feather of ibis which has 197 combat rating of cold, electrical, and holy, each in brackets

Well 197 combat rating is about 6dps so i think its the same as 6magic damage for each bracket
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

as far as i know, combat rating (holy) works like this:

that amount of damage you deal will still be physical damage but it will be counted towards the holy protection mitigation of the target. it works the same for elemental/unholy as well. So you do not deal magical damage by combat rating (something) but you hit towards a different type of mitigation. Usually targets have lower magical mitigation vs melee mitigation so combat rating in (un)holy/elemental gives you a slight dps boost in most cases.
    Macduff(guard) Duffster(conq) Zacknafein(dt)
    Gedwyn(bs) Relind(pom) Onerio(tos)
    Pyrox(hox) Yorick(necro) Luthien(demo)
    Leartes(ranger) Skalld(barb) Mercutio(sin)

You are right, all non-physical combat rating is mitigated by protection. Every class have more armor than protection so theoretically non-physical CR is better but actually you should check on every class personally. As example, for HoX the best choice is CR fire, for sin - CR unholy, for barb or conq - simple physical CR etc. Its because of debuff tools for every class - hox debuffs for elemental and have huge amount of CR fire from different buffs so CR fire gives him the best profit, same with other classes.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 13th January 2015 at 07:25.