Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss: Game Director Letter December/January

Default Discuss: Game Director Letter December/January

Game Director Letter December 2014/January 2015

Hi everybody,

Happy New Year and welcome to 2015. The team has returned from their holiday break a little bit heavier (too much food), a little bit seedier (too much drink) but full of energy and ready for work (too much coffee).

Edit by Tomium: Please feel free to read all of it here!
    No Guts No Glory!

Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Unhappy

What about rage transfers? We have been waiting a long time

Steel yourselves for the immense amount of QQ that's gonna come when the craft revamp isn't released by summer.

Also seems like Slithering Chaos + Palace of Cetriss updates are long way off, but with most guilds T5 progression being so slow, I guess that isn't really a big problem (guess we'll see how things stand by February). Personally, I wouldn't mind 2 modes for T6, normal and hard -hard mode requiring T4/T5 geared characters and having complicated fights, and the other having bosses so castrated that they're at the T3 skill-level and only requiring Khitai gear, being doable by guilds that can't clear T4 and be semi-puggable.

Frankly I am surprised there is an expected date for the crafting revamp already. Beginning of 2015 (I take this as Q1) is also rather ambitious considering this is such a big system and is not even on Testlive yet.
    I just hope there will be enough time to try it out, give some input, change things and try it out again so we don't end up with a rushed and not well-tested/finished product like T5.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    I wouldn't mind 2 modes for T6, normal and hard -hard mode requiring T4/T5 geared characters and having complicated fights, and the other having bosses so castrated that they're at the T3 skill-level and only requiring Khitai gear, being doable by guilds that can't clear T4 and be semi-puggable.
    What he said. Aiming T5 at fully geared T4 characters was the way to go since half of the server has at least 1 char geared out in T4 by now. For the sake of progression I would like to see T6 aimed at T5 geared chars again but I don't think this will be realistic for at least another year and/or a serious nerf to at least the retarded last 15% of Honorguard and Vistrix and Killikky overall.

A hard and a normal mode would be nice but it will make loot very complicated I think. I guess we will hear next month.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 9th January 2015 at 17:20.

Cool, they listened to solo arena feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam
    we took a look at the design and expanded the scope to include expanded team sizes. The one feature that would drive the expense through the roof would be matchmaking, so teams for the arena will need to be self-organized.
    I suppose "matchmaking" refers to some kind of metric measuring player / team performance, and then pitting people of comparable scores against each other? I guess that would require major coding work, and probably wouldn't be justified based on AoC's population.

But how will signups work? The October letter mentioned an NPC who will put you into the queue. So will there be only one queue running at a time? Or will there be several? Will the enemy team be picked on a first-come, first-serve basis, or will there be some interface allowing you to pick who to fight?
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Lots of positives in the letter this month, as asked earlier would like to know if possible what the latest stage of Rage transfers are at, last i heard a few weeks ago was a list with the DBA's about what could and couldn't be taken , any progress from there?

Did I read that correctly? Does the director and dev think that PvP gear is now equal to PvE gear? And there is balance between the classes in PvP?

Seriously do they even play the game?
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    Did I read that correctly? Does the director and dev think that PvP gear is now equal to PvE gear? And there is balance between the classes in PvP?

Seriously do they even play the game?
    No, they said "Naturally this is a long process, so we started by dividing it into smaller chunks and tackling those pieces one at a time."

First step was the gear changes which is.. better or worse before? Second was some class tweaks but that's far from done.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast