Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About to return.. just one question (reason why I initially left)

Default About to return.. just one question (reason why I initially left)

Is the latency from Europe still around 120-180ms?

I hate threads like this, if you want to come back to the game just sub and play. you dont need to let everyone know that you "left"

to answer your question yes the ping is still this high,and also there are players who still loves this game and play it with that high ping

Sadly, the ping is still that high and it will likely remain so for the future. I think moving the servers to Europe is one of the best things they could do (since European pop is considerably higher than US), but things are what they are. AoC is still the second best MMO out there.

more like 150-180, 120 would be very nice
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    more like 150-180, 120 would be very nice
    100-120 ms

Quote Originally Posted by -Deukalion- View Post
    100-120 ms
    Same, averaging 100-120ms with the odd spike here an there

I'm in the states ~ and I'm seeing 50ms ... I don't think it matters much. Don't PvP and you're Golden.

Guess you are also one of those who must have a mouse connected to a 1000hz usb port because polling signal at 500hz is not enough?

About the question... Yes, the latency is still between 100-220 in Europe, but it is also down to what kind of connection you have, and which routes your ISP takes to get across the Atlantic.

On my previous fiberoptic connection, i had 110-125ms regularly, by heavy loads that could be traced to world bosses or other high activity server end reasoning, it increased to around 200.

On my current DSL connection the ping is 20-25ms higher. Game is still quite playable, but it is not as responsive as offline content of course. Keep in mind that when you press a button in game, most of the action takes place hundrets of miles away from your doorstep, only the graphics are displayed at your end.

Electronic signals travels at the speed of light and if there was a fiber line from Berlin to New York "as the crow flies", that would be 6500 kilometers long - and it would take the signal 22 milliseconds from leaving to getting there.

Although.. The signal takes hops. And thats the major delay. From my current location, the signal makes 21 hops before reaching Age of Conan servers. Delays that comes from passing through backbones and other infrastructure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast