Thread: What about a group que?

Default What about a group que?

Would you guys like to see a group finder for instances similar to WoW's?

The point has been raised in the past by many, but most players who know AoC believe that such tool would be a disaster, mainly due to the fact that it's really hard to have a ladder along which characters are scaled depending on their AA and gear.

And even if such ladder existed, the skill factor, which is so much more impactful in AoC than in most other games, cannot be mesured by any mean at FC disposal.

So i guess a tool like that could be used for old T0 group instances and T1/2 raids, but everything else would remain out of the scope, which would make its purpose questionnable at best.

On a final note, the population is nowhere near enough to fuel that kind of mechanic, or, more accurately, justify its implementation.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

They could implement an item level requirement to run the different instances, that would solve one of the issues. The AA issue...well, nothing is perfect. Something like this might help bring people back. I get frustrated trying to group for three hours. I love just about everything about this game, but I get tired of waiting and waiting and waiting.

You'd have to elaborate on the gear requirement you're recommending; I've seen plenty of bad players in great gear because their guild carried them through T4+ . That same player often gimps a smaller 6-man or partial dungeon fill due to lack.of experience with their toon. I'd venture a guess that it's a known factor for the Devs.

Player population is at low and many of the newer players are getting hurled from New 80 to T3+ because guilds rarely raid anything lower these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    You can go to 6mans and than to t4, dont it? Why do you need to do t1-t3?
    To get accustom to your class and get good vs. rolling into T4+ and causing a $hiT-show. Better yet, dropping into a T2 PuG and embarrassing yourself and your guild tag by being clueless. Seeing plenty of it.

Of course, you're the exception. Don't take it so personal ...

I think worrying about bums being placed in a group by the que isn't something we should worry about. After all during a Pug, unless you have grouped with someone before, you don't know if they are any good either. A que can't be perfect, but it will help IMO.

I thought about that too when I started playing; but after doing my first groups in low-level dungeons, I discovered a lot of arguments against implementing this feature.
    Firstly, you must know what classes you need for your specific group. Secondly, you must always tell them what voice communication software and language to use. Thirdly, you might want to check the builds and experience and adjust the setup accordingly.
    No automated service can do that.
    Just keep it as it is.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.