Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Increase polearm guardian dps!

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Yes, burst is very high in PvP, but in PvE burst doesn't really matter as long as you don't take aggro - there aren't many places were burst damage is better than sustained damage, only a few situations were dealing with adds quickly really matters. IF a tempest dps buff were to happen, I'd prefer it to be one that keeps with the "feel" of tempest already - that is, big ****ing crits. Almost every dps class relies heavily on their dot to do good dps in this game (burn to death, bloodbath, slow death strike, necro dots, to a lesser extent jagged cut) and those that don't still have much of their dps consist of many small hits/procs/multi-hit channels (tos with stormfield/crown/coils, pom with condemnation/cleansing, DTs with all their crap proccing, barbs with very long combos like upheaval). To me, it's very refreshing to have a class that somewhat differs from this.

There are ways to allow burst in pve without making it op in pvp. For example, there could be an end feat that gives you an exaggerated version of the frenzy stance - say it gives you twice the weapon damage increase of frenzy stance, but you can't switch out of it as quickly, the negative effects linger on for 10-20 seconds. These effects might be a 100% chance to get staggered, or 50% hindered movement, any damage from a player knockbacks or stuns you, 100% chance to get critted by another player or something like that. Obviously these are just random ideas, but I'd prefer big combo damage over, say, a big buff to Intimidating Shout or something.
    I see your point, but you missunderstood mine, Im not saying I dont want the burst-damage, im saying it can stay like it is now and we can improve on other aspects. the burst is huge and its only reliant on crits and criticaldamage rating, which makes it random and dull. Polearm rotation is boring, lets make it pop abit with adding a combo that gives a nice dot, that also gives a chunk of aggro while in guarded stance
    Last edited by magnum92; 13th January 2015 at 15:08.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Considering polearmdps isnt THAT much higher while tanking, we need a combo with the same function as Shieldslam.

Good suggestion, i support !

I wrote It in my suggestions to buff up useless (now) Bloody Venegeance. If we get 10 stacks Bloody Venegeance will do job like Shield Slam and maybe add dot if we have 10 x stacks? It is good for me. What are you thinking about it? Or maybe.. if we have evade buff Riposte do more agro. Nothing add in pvp but for pve i think something like that will be better than buff up DPS.

Rather buff/revamp Riposte IMO since BV is free, a no step combo and works with either weapon.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

There is a feat called HATEFUL Vengeance near the bottom of the tempest tree just above storm strike. I have always believes that this feat should live up to its name and apply some sort of extra hate to the vengeance stacks. I think +1% hate per stack would be a good improvement no? up to +10% total, what do you all think? The DT gets a health tap and dmg bonus with its Sadism stacks why cant the guard benefit from the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    There is a feat called HATEFUL Vengeance near the bottom of the tempest tree just above storm strike. I have always believes that this feat should live up to its name and apply some sort of extra hate to the vengeance stacks. I think +1% hate per stack would be a good improvement no? up to +10% total, what do you all think? The DT gets a health tap and dmg bonus with its Sadism stacks why cant the guard benefit from the same thing.
    Do you mean all time have this 1% hate per stack? or only apply when we use BV, reset stacks and we get hate buff to short time?

Quote Originally Posted by Paput View Post
    I wrote It in my suggestions to buff up useless (now) Bloody Venegeance. If we get 10 stacks Bloody Venegeance will do job like Shield Slam and maybe add dot if we have 10 x stacks? It is good for me. What are you thinking about it? Or maybe.. if we have evade buff Riposte do more agro. Nothing add in pvp but for pve i think something like that will be better than buff up DPS.
    About BV, I dont like the idea of reseting your damage stacks for a aggrotrade.

Having a mechanic around Riposte Evade is meaningless, you rarely evade stuff in highertiers.

Rather have Riposte reworked into a chunk of aggro, the evade (extra) can be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    This sounds fair, not sure about the actual amount but if this could balance things out then it sounds good
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Yes, stacks reseted= lower DPS so.. it is not maybe good idea. But i think add 1% per stack and this buff we can have all the time is not good too i think. Maybe make Riposte combo dependent from Veneagance stacks? 10x - use riposte - 10% more agro during.. 10/15s? Maybe 15 is too long. Or maybe dependet BV but BV will not reset our stacks.

I hope they never buff pole agro significantly, unless they make it a more dps oriented tree that makes guard squishy. You want more hate you have an additional tree available to give you just that. Wanting to be able to tank out of the dps tree is akin to bear shamans or barbs wanting a tank tree. Or a healing tree. Never understood people wanting whatever class they were playing to be superman. Game is best when classes are balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    About BV, I dont like the idea of reseting your damage stacks for a aggrotrade.

Having a mechanic around Riposte Evade is meaningless, you rarely evade stuff in highertiers.

Rather have Riposte reworked into a chunk of aggro, the evade (extra) can be removed.
    Vengeance mechanic is already nice alone, but BV could be revamped. I like the idea of trade-off something for another but as kalston said, since BV is a free, nostep, common combo it will be hard to make it balanced and interesting.
    Riposte change are welcomed too, however i think Poleguard "identity" should stick on the whole evade chance mechanics (and a bit immunity since it can be really powerful) with better rate than 10 to 30% but under conditions and/or with decent cd. Even if i lose Guard in the process, i wouldn't mind a new alternative to tanking since we're sure they won't add new classes to refresh the game... so better dust-off old feat trees.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast