Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Increase polearm guardian dps!

Quote Originally Posted by Paput View Post
    And i again checked this http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/...c50fae1be.html

10% hate and 150% damage! But i have been bite by a lot of dogs. In raid/dungeon i think it's impossible if boss hit you every one/two seconds.
    Its pretty great for PvP though, especially when you have a few mele trying to hit you. How do you think some pvp guards get Counterweights off that hit for 2K each hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    Its pretty great for PvP though, especially when you have a few mele trying to hit you. How do you think some pvp guards get Counterweights off that hit for 2K each hit?
    For PvP it's good but for PvE not really now.
    If it can be change to gain this +10% hate without evade will be good.
    Last edited by Paput; 6th January 2015 at 23:09.

IMO, guard shouldn't be able to tank high end content in pole build. Jugg tree is for tanking. Tempest should be a dps tree. They should up the DPS and gimp the survivability of the pole tree. Making it a viable dps class that is still able to tank is unfair to the other classes, imo. It's ridiculous for a tank class to be a viable tank and do anything but low level DPS.

Likewise, conqs shouldn't be able to tank anything tough in carnage, and DTs shouldn't be able to tank in tali. They probably have conqs closest to correct of the 3 in that regard.

DT is just tooo random. When you have good luck with crits you can tank with naked arse by of lifetap

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    . Making it a viable dps class that is still able to tank is unfair to the other classes, imo.
    Agreed, so dps should remains the same but increase +hate.
    I'm sick and tired of all the need for +dps to perform decent tanking. Borderline is too thin between dps and tank able to dps, devs should use more hate. After all its the dedicated stat for soldiers in PvE.
    Last edited by Bibik; 12th January 2015 at 18:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    You realize changing Brutal Maiming from a passive to an active ability that does the same thing except only in frenzy stance would be a gigantic nerf, right? It's one of the best feats the guardian has, a flat 10%+ crit chance on their most important combo, and it also constitutes a lot of aggro if you poletank.

Like I said, giving poletanks more aggro is pointless if s&s guards have almost the same dps when tanking anyhow and way better defensive feats. The motivation for going polearm should be to increase your dps in comparison to s&s dps - if it doesn't, it's still gimped in comparison to s&s.
    You got that mixed up with Brutal Sweeps, Brutal Maiming only buffs Disable, a pretty shitty combo that doesn't even crit that much (or that high) anyway. It was a really nice feat when the stamina drain still meant something because it makes that crit too. No one will cry if they change the feat now though. So his suggestion is more like... a gigantic buff to guard in frenzy
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

IMO, guard shouldn't be able to tank high end content in pole build. Jugg tree is for tanking. Tempest should be a dps tree. They should up the DPS and gimp the survivability of the pole tree. Making it a viable dps class that is still able to tank is unfair to the other classes, imo. It's ridiculous for a tank class to be a viable tank and do anything but low level DPS.

Likewise, conqs shouldn't be able to tank anything tough in carnage, and DTs shouldn't be able to tank in tali. They probably have conqs closest to correct of the 3 in that regard.
    pole guards are weaker, just like tali dts and carnage conqs. but they have 1500 dps+
    Boyscout bearshaman

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    You got that mixed up with Brutal Sweeps, Brutal Maiming only buffs Disable, a pretty shitty combo that doesn't even crit that much (or that high) anyway. It was a really nice feat when the stamina drain still meant something because it makes that crit too. No one will cry if they change the feat now though. So his suggestion is more like... a gigantic buff to guard in frenzy
    Oh yeah my bad, the way Paput suggested it be made into another 10% crit increase confused me...

In any case, I think Funcom needs to decide what Tempest should be in their next class balancing update. Atm it's a mess with hate decrease feats that suggest it's supposed to be a dps tree alongside tanky evade stuff, and it isn't good for anything but pvp. In my personal opinion, it doesn't make for a very fun tank tree and even if it got it's aggro and evade buffed it would still feel lackluster (in terms of amount of viable combos/abilities) in comparison to brute conq, s&s guard and DTs with their myriads of options. Making it a dps tree (without making it op in pvp somehow) would solve a lot of guard problems tho, namely that they're the only class in the entire game that can't deal good dps.

Polearm tanking isnt good dps wise, since the S&B dps boost couple of months ago theres approximately 100-150 dps diffrence between the speccs, maybe 200 in some cases.

The factor that makes polearm dps- work- is critical damage rating + frenzy stance, which makes combos hit for 1500-2000*X combined with sick reckoning hits. These factors is not gonna mess with guarded stance tanking, which makes it possible to both have a working tempest Tanking tree AND Dps options, and both is gonna be balanced.

Considering polearmdps isnt THAT much higher while tanking, we need a combo with the same function as Shieldslam.

IF the polearm dps would increase, it cant be pure weapon damage, our burst is too high already, it could be some dot I guess, that would be a nice addition to the dull pve rotation aswell.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post

IF the polearm dps would increase, it cant be pure weapon damage, our burst is too high already, it could be some dot I guess, that would be a nice addition to the dull pve rotation aswell.
    Yes, burst is very high in PvP, but in PvE burst doesn't really matter as long as you don't take aggro - there aren't many places were burst damage is better than sustained damage, only a few situations were dealing with adds quickly really matters. IF a tempest dps buff were to happen, I'd prefer it to be one that keeps with the "feel" of tempest already - that is, big ****ing crits. Almost every dps class relies heavily on their dot to do good dps in this game (burn to death, bloodbath, slow death strike, necro dots, to a lesser extent jagged cut) and those that don't still have much of their dps consist of many small hits/procs/multi-hit channels (tos with stormfield/crown/coils, pom with condemnation/cleansing, DTs with all their crap proccing, barbs with very long combos like upheaval). To me, it's very refreshing to have a class that somewhat differs from this.

There are ways to allow burst in pve without making it op in pvp. For example, there could be an end feat that gives you an exaggerated version of the frenzy stance - say it gives you twice the weapon damage increase of frenzy stance, but you can't switch out of it as quickly, the negative effects linger on for 10-20 seconds. These effects might be a 100% chance to get staggered, or 50% hindered movement, any damage from a player knockbacks or stuns you, 100% chance to get critted by another player or something like that. Obviously these are just random ideas, but I'd prefer big combo damage over, say, a big buff to Intimidating Shout or something.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast