Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Learning Endgame

Question Learning Endgame

Hey everyone,

I recently resubbed and now I'm struggling with class choice again.

Before quitting AoC some years ago I managed to level a DT and a Conq to lvl 80. Also I played most classes to level 20-30. While I liked the game in general and most of the classes, the leveling experience, etc. I never quite made it to the real endgame.

True I got some AAs and some gear. But I never made it beyond grasslands or played anything beyond atzels. Back then I found tanking very unforgiving (like in every other MMO basically) and wished for a way to gain some insight without having this major responsibility.

Thing is... I'm not saying that tanking isn't for me - I just wish to "explore" endgame a bit before settling with a "final" main character. So my question is: what class(es) would you suggest to do just that?

Thanks in advance!

Play demo or necro , easy to play , no responsibility and you can stay on safe distance
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

If you'd like to be able to "observe" before taking more responsibility yourself I'd also agree that dps classes would be more suitable for you. If you don't want to bother leveling up a new class from scratch, you can use one of your soldiers as dps. Conq would be my choice as it is less gear/aa dependent and carnage spec conq is one of the best dps classes in the game. You'd also be buffing your groups and would be providing a very valuable combat ressurection.

I suggest doing old world instances, t1/t2 raids, and khitai normal modes before jumping in the harder content. Make sure you know how to clear an instance in normal mode before you attempt it in hardmode. Once you feel confident enough to do hardmodes ask questions and learn about the fights. Most people take tactics for granted but I'm sure if you ask you'd get the directions.

Good luck, have fun.
    Macduff(guard) Duffster(conq) Zacknafein(dt)
    Gedwyn(bs) Relind(pom) Onerio(tos)
    Pyrox(hox) Yorick(necro) Luthien(demo)
    Leartes(ranger) Skalld(barb) Mercutio(sin)

Thanks for the input!

I read plenty of times here in the forums that you won't really find a dps slot as conq and be forced to tank (which I understand since it's 6 pure dps classes who want a slot too)!?
    I liked my conq a lot but after so many years I'll probably reroll anyway to re-learn the class(es).

Necro or Demo sound like a good idea, thanks.

barb and hox are the most fun dps classes. and especially if you plan to switch back to conq after a while, i think it will be easier if you learn the instances with a melee class...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Thanks again!

I'm now solo-leveling a demo and since my gf has started to play AoC I'm leveling a barb with her tos. I'll level them both to 80 and try some t1 with each. Thanks for the suggestions and I'm always up for suggestions.

Have a nice evening!

When you and ur GF are looking to head into the endgame content I would recommend doing a bit of "homework" to make the learning curve easier for both of you and recommend a read over the following threads:

T1:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...-T1-Raid-Guide

T2:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...T2-Raid-Bosses

House of Crom + Vile Nativity + many other unchained:
    https://cynarablog.wordpress.com/201...ss-encounters/

K6s + also house of crom boss fights:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...and-Godslayers

Not sure what you were used it when you played, but I started on the US Set server and learned the raids & instances by being talked through them. These days on the merged EU/US server it is much more common to do the tier 1 and 2 raids and 6person groups with no verbal comms. Often these are also done with minimal strat information being typed as well, so those threads I listed above will help with you knowing what is going on and why.

9/10 groups wont allow a 3rd soldier , even if his/her dps is better than a mage's/rogue's dps , and that cause of loots ofcourse , 3out of 6 needing on the same armor type is not right

So , become an off-tank (conq is best choice here for u) with minimum tanking responsibility and in many fights (eg: vortex of the storms / den of crowmen / pallace of Yun etc) even less responsibility than dpsers have! [dont become an offtank if u lag/spike too much cause all u need to do is run , and if u cant run a straight line , then dont ]

Or ofcourse , play a hox/barb/sin as mdd or necro/demo/ranger as rdd . Keep in mind that mages join any group anytime (none asks u for UC 98%) while rogues find groupspots once they're in position to provide FH/TW

Now go kill em all !
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Dont roll a barb for pve! Just dont!

Hox is fun though
    Boyscout bearshaman

Thank you!

Of course we'll read up on tactics. My gf rolled a tos. From what I read in the tactics everything sounds very doable. Any concerns? She healed in other MMOs although I'm aware that healing in AoC works differently.

Btw: what's UC 98%?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast