Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miini-game streak Quest & Indemnities

Default Miini-game streak Quest & Indemnities

Hey,

In decembre i noticed i had ~700 funcom points so i bought 10 indemnity buffs for my hox. And using "only" five of them managed to complete the 20 minis win for the first time. All in all not that bad considering there where a couple of minis that started without a full groupe and one or two lost by the skin of our teeth.

Winning 20 minis in a row without losing is close to impossible without exploiting or insane luck nevermind how good you are. Result is few, to say the least, really care about the streak quest.
    I found careing for that quest was actually more fun. Usually i must admit i get easily frustrated by carless moves from flag carriers or lost healers and don't try as hard as i should to win, satisfied by just killing while keeping safe to some extend. When i really care for the wins, i completely forget my k/d, i don't go emo and start calling players noobs, i stop waiting for tanks to pick up the flag and do it myself if needed while trying to give indications. I'm not going to say people start playing together suddenly but there's a better. I've noticed that usually, when decent players give advices in groupe chat (me included) we tend to say what we believe needs to be done while keeping rather safe. We're usually not the ones taking the most heat. We could often do more, taking more risks to let noobs breath a little. Symptom of too many PuG minis i know.

The probleme with pug minis is if you take them 1 at a time, winning tough minis is not worth the hassle. Just lose fast and get to the next one, fingers crossed for a better team. The streak quest is a good idea to break this cycle and get people to actually try and get through tough minis fighting. But achieving it needs to be closer to the reality of PuG.

Two suggestions:
    • Draws shouldn't make the quest fail. If you manage to pull off a draw while on the losing team (kill wise) you shouldn't get a win but your streak quest should definetly not end.
    • After n number of wins you should get and indemnity. I'd say you should get something like 2 indemnity when getting 7 wins in a row then 2 when reaching 14. It needs to be kept at a low enough number. It should mostly have to be used to get through minis who start when you don't have a full team and those where you have a troll/afker amongst you. The rest of the time you should, if not fighting for a win, at least be going for the draw.

My 2 cent
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Indeminity should be buy-able with pvp tokens. Making it just a cash shop exclusive items is evil.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Indeminity should be buy-able with pvp tokens. Making it just a cash shop exclusive items is evil.
    This.I pay a monthly sub so I expect that an item like this should be buyable with ingame currencie aswell and not by trying make me pay more money.
    IVORY TOWER

I like those suggestions
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

does indemnity prevent a lose on your stats, or is it just preventing your fro restarting streak?

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    does indemnity prevent a lose on your stats, or is it just preventing your fro restarting streak?
    As far as I know it's the latter
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

I totally agree that something must be done for Indemnity, and that people who pay subscription should not be forced to spend money on this item, which unfortunately is absolutely essential to complete the Streak quest due to mini pug randomness.

My suggestion: make Indemnities buyable with Veteran Tokens.
    If I'm not wrong we get them with subscription time only, so subscribers can have Indemnities while f2p must pay if they want them.

Funcom needs money, if you make them buyable in other ways pretty much no one would buy them.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    My suggestion: make Indemnities buyable with Veteran Tokens.
    / thread
    I don't make points I make dents.

I'm not fond of the idea of buying them with veteran tokens. Makes a huge imbalance between long time vets with several hundred points to spend and more recent players.

The problem i see with buying them with mini-game tokens is a certain loss of control. Stacking tokens doesn't require anything else than time. Sure you stack them a bit faster if you're good but it doesn't make that much a diffrence given the CDs on quests. I really think you should win indemnities through a chain of victories rather than threw lots of independant minis. Especially because if that quest becomes more achievable the amount of token won will increase a lot.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast