Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So what about PvP T4?

As i know t4 gear is still viable in pvp. I totally disagree with you because you want things will be as before - but before gear revamp pve gear was superior for pvp and its wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    As i know t4 gear is still viable in pvp. I totally disagree with you because you want things will be as before - but before gear revamp pve gear was superior for pvp and its wrong.
    You did not understand me. I was mentioning Unchained minigames (that are planned for release) for those who are into PVP only. They will not have to do PVE to get any gear, they will have full AAs or no AAs at all, and they will have no badges, or PVP XP. They can come to the game, buy a fresh 80 and just play minigames without doing anything from PVE (aside from destroying totems and capturing flags or sides) while other players can enjoy the 'old way' with PVP XP, badges, progression, mixing PVE and PVP gear, and the PVE/PVP progression. More people will return from both camps to play the game, so both queues (Unchained and normal) will be full.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 12th January 2015 at 08:22.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

If i'm not mistaken, the idea of unchained minigames was meant to address the issue with PvP gear being too hard and long to get.
    But that issue has already been sorted with the PvP gear revamp, which, as said, has been completed rather well a while ago, and did address most of the other concerns about PvP gear.

Thus, unchained minigames would serve no purpose now.
    I would even go as far as saying that unchained minigames would achieve nothing but split the population and would end up being detrimental to the quantity of PvP going on nowadays.

As for T4, i'd gladly see it myself, in the hope that the conq set would happen to be a cool looking vanity outfit.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Some PVP players actively complain on having to earn their AA abilities and PVP levels too. Unchained minigames will address that for them.
    But yes, you are right. Everything is earned too fast right now.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam
    Unchained Minigames have been placed further down the roadmap on the basis of being a more “uncertain” system (requires a lot of code) as opposed to the current PvP updates which are faster to implement.
    Source: GD Letter 04/2014

I believe we all know what "placed further down the roadmap" effectively means, especially when combined with "requires a lot of code".

Which means two things:
    (i) there is no reason to be concerned about a split of the population by separate normal and unchained minigame queues, and
    (ii) it is quite legitimate to discuss gear issues based on the status quo.

In relation to the status quo, I believe the revamp did a good job in taking care of the PvE > PvP gear problem. But I believe there are still major concerns about the current power progression in PvP, in particular as regards (i) speed of AA (prowess) acquisition via PvP , (ii) speed of T2 (minigame) token acquisition / cost of PvP T2 armour, and (iii) PvP leveling speed from PvP R5 on.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

But I believe there are still major concerns about the current power progression in PvP, in particular as regards (i) speed of AA (prowess) acquisition via PvP , (ii) speed of T2 (minigame) token acquisition / cost of PvP T2 armour, and (iii) PvP leveling speed from PvP R5 on.
    You are reiterating the subject stated above (PVP players need no progression), and I understand your meaning there (you try to favor pure PVP players demands by speeding the progression up).

But, again, PVE/PVP players will disagree with the major problems listed above. Please understand that there are always people with directly opposite points of view. To illustrate that:
    (i) The speed of AA acquisition via PVP is currently nominal (alteration is not required); plus, PVP/PVE players gain an insane amount of AAs from PVE, unfortunately.
    (ii) the speed of T2 token acquisition is nominal, but taking out 1 campaign badge for a loss in Jhebbal might resolve the problem with hiding people (minor problem);
    (iii) the PVP levelling speed from level 5 is too high with the current quest (vanquisher) and PVP events (500XP-5000XP items) and needs to be lowered (major problem).
    The last two points illustrate that a PVE/PVP player may switch from PVP activities to PVE, always being busy and feeling fast progression while PVP players are stuck in minigames and open-world PVP progressions.

My major concerns for PVP T3 gear:
    (a) AoE looting in PVP should be disabled, as the T3 token acquisition is much lower for those who do not resort to the means than for those who trigger AoE looting constantly;
    (b) broken queues in minigames.

That is the thing. PVP players still need PVP-level-independent, gear-independent, AA-independent Unchained minigames, as they have a completely different point of view, as was illustrated by the previous players. The development was moved down the list (bugfixing or PVE first, most likely?), but it is still in effect.

Let us get back to the topic.
    PVP T3 gear already provides a lot of damage on a person, especially on those without PVP gear (mostly PVE players who occasionally do PVP and for some reason do not reach PVP level 1-3 by 80). T4 might be even worse in that respect.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 13th January 2015 at 05:28.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    PVP players still need PVP-level-independent, gear-independent, AA-independent Unchained minigames, as they have a completely different point of view, as was illustrated by the previous players. The development was moved down the list (bugfixing or PVE first, most likely?), but it is still in effect.
    You know what the passage I quoted means - Unchained minis are not going to happen. And because they are not going to happen, the question whether power progression is fine as it is now is a valid one.

Also, I fail to see how PvE players benefit from PvP power progression. Reducing power progression in PvP isn't just in the interest of hardcore PvPers who want competition based on skill rather than gear, it's also in the interest of people who pvp casually (and therefore take a very long time to gain tokens and PvP XP). This quite obviously includes players who spend most of their game time doing PvE content.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Again, there are people who love both PVP and PVE, and increased AA progression is not a solution for them.
    Just enable all AAs and maximum-tier gear for unchained minigames and keep the old way for normal minigames. That will be a compromise between all players. Would you refuse that? Besides, it is a promised change.
    But there is always a problem with pure PVP players becoming level 80 too. They always have to buy that character.
    Splitting the population more is never a good idea, especially when Funcom is this stupid with holding back server merges.

**Edit- I would be on-board with locking characters into a PVP T1 set for tournament mode though**
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 13th January 2015 at 14:25.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    **Edit- I would be on-board with locking characters into a PVP T1 set for tournament mode though**
    that would be perfect

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234