Thread: FUNCOM - if you wanna have pug minis only

Default FUNCOM - if you wanna have pug minis only

Revamp all classes for pug minis pls ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by 89ideaz89 View Post
    Revamp all classes for pug minis pls ;-)
    list classes that need revamp and the reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    list classes that need revamp and the reason why.
    Necro because it hasn't been revamped ever and it needs it badly considering more than half the feats are in the wrong feat tree
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Necro because it hasn't been revamped ever and it needs it badly considering more than half the feats are in the wrong feat tree
    Aren't necros and demos next up for class retooling? Hox just got done, I thought the mages were all going to be looked at.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    necro works for what its intended tho. and its a great pug class from the best of my ichy knowledge.

OP says classes need to be revamped for pug minis:

--what does that mean? Which classes are gimps in pugs? do you revamp them for cap flag or for kill whoring?

--what about solo open world, and group open world?

--whats wrong with premades anyway? most people are too scared/too lazy to premade, that remains the #1 reason why your average player doesn't premade.

this kinda comes back to me not being convinced with friend grouping in pugs. Today discoverers, clan, the law, and ominous all had at least 5 players online for most times of the day yet the word premade was not pronounced once, most just wanted to have a smack at the Black Dragon. Slith's been complaining about him unable to fight with friends in minis yet he was doing raids and joining pug minis when omi and law were premading or doing pvp events. Ultimately, all friend teaming would do imo is create isolated team play in a pug scenarios. These PuGs are the only real haven for solo players in pvp. It would also further feed trolls from every breed. Globtroter would get a friend and cause even more crap for the other 4 players, or a hit patrol would log on 1 team and a couple more on another team only to afk to let the hit patrol mindlessly camp a helpless victim. I don't see the sense in messing around with the pug minis when pvp events(quite active on fury), premades, and seiges are all less popular and are shown much less interest.
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 28th December 2014 at 02:34.

If you want pug minis to work you need to change the mindset of people who play 'em. 1 flag down/ 100 points behind in JS ... and people stop trying and say things "**** team" , "losers" and so on. While I must say that some people try to turn things around. You need to get it through your thick skulls ... not everyone is a pro player. The only good char I have and has pos K/D and W/L is my barb ... my other chars dont even have 0,5 K/D. But this is a game and I love playing it, so when some *******s say that I am useless, why dont they say do this or do that?

Also to touch premades, I would like to experiance organized AoC pvp ... but who will invite me as I am percived as ****. Nobody wants to gamble everyone wants easy wins so they can get bored and lose interest

They can do all the class rewamps but untill the community changes, things are gonna be as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by einartheblack View Post
    Also to touch premades, I would like to experiance organized AoC pvp ... but who will invite me as I am percived as ****. Nobody wants to gamble everyone wants easy wins so they can get bored and lose interest
    Premades are no different than raids. It's false to asume that "a raid" consists of only great raiders that won't accept anyone but the very best. Premades are not "best possible combination of classes" but rather people who sign up minigames as a group.

So if you would like to experiance organized AoC pvp (and trust me it was awesome back in the day) then all you would need to do is just get to know people/join a guild. Whenever I meet a good pvper in minigame I would talk to him after the game, befriend him and later on I had amazing roster of pvpers willing to group up with me.

But people expected minigames to be instant and convinient system that requires zero effort and socializing (unlike raiding) and thus Craig Morrision have provided us with the pug abomination we have today. Thanks Craig!
    Retired

I agree with you on the concept Slith, but there still were huge flaws with the previous mini-sign up.

On one side groupe PvP but with huge imbalances and quite frustrating minis with teams kind of discouraging players. A huge amount of utterly boring minis were players had already decided to AFK in hide before it started.
    On the other meaningless minis with moronic behaviours you can't do anything about and no team play which is rather the essence of groupe PvP.

But after all, i think the biggest probleme there was back in the days was that there was only one way, minis, to gain PvP XP hence denying them to noobs and ermites was an issue. Nowdays you can gain almost as much PvP XP from open-world daily quests so not sure the probleme still stands.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    But after all, i think the biggest probleme there was back in the days was that there was only one way, minis, to gain PvP XP hence denying them to noobs and ermites was an issue. Nowdays you can gain almost as much PvP XP from open-world daily quests so not sure the probleme still stands.
    getting pvp xp in events can get tedious when the important guilds form groups if you play the game solo.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    getting pvp xp in events can get tedious when the important guilds form groups if you play the game solo.
    I was talking of daily quests. It's easy even for solo players to complete them and you get a great amount of XP with them alone. The only issue is maybe tokens. But nonetheless you start seeing PvP level 4 with under 10 minis done.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .