Thread: Returning player needs advice and insight

Default Returning player needs advice and insight

Heya

My name is Sempthegreat, also known ingame as Ulthak and Selithios which is just two of my 80 characters. I haven't played the game in over a year, but in general I've played on and off since release. Age of Conan will always have a special place in my heart, and it will always be one of the games I've enjoyed the most (even though I pretty much suck at it- now more than ever). I've been thinking about returning to the game for quite a while and start on Crom since PvE is what I enjoy the most. However, everywhere I turn I see doomsayers and people going about saying the game is dead and won't last another year. If I were to return, it would be with a large subscription so I can get a new 80 so I can play one of the classes I've always wanted at 80 but never bothered to level. Will this be worth it? Will I be disappointed? My biggest nightmare is the doomsayers expecting the game to die as Warhammer Online did, God have mercy on its soul. So what do you say community? What should I do? What is your idea about the state of the game?

- Sempthegreat

My advice is: Return and enjoy the game! Me and my wife did the same a couple months back and we are happy we did. The game has a healthy and active population (atleast on Crom). We returned after a far longer absence and are enjoying the game just as before.

I have been here since 2008 and since that time doom sayers have come and gone.

Here are two facts for you:

1/ Funcom is a public traded company and must put out public reports for the share holders. In every of those quartely reports AOC is listed and "cash flow positive" so it it making a profit
    2/ Funcom has Conan licence till 2019

Game that is making money + license that is already paid for = AOC is here to stay

Say what you want about Funcom but they keep they games around. AO is still kicking after 10 years.
    Retired