Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why this game has utterly failed....

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    You contradict yourself here; first by saying PuGs and Vets don't have time, then say it's a social game.

Your attitude, I'm afraid, is common place. Not giving players the time of day because someone should have watched a poorly made YouTube video or read a blog that does t account for bugged instances and just being FUNCOMd. The community is small and elitist because you're made it that way ... enjoy. I wouldn't waste my time making new content either for this community.

I really enjoy the "fake-it" part. May yer PuGs be full of noobs and your loot be crappy. Happy Holidays.

Has less to do with community and more to with how MMOs simply are. Go to TSW, a game with a far, far nicer community than AOC, and people will still ask for "4k AR" for the easiest hardmodes. Go to any wow forum, and you'll still hear people complain about not getting into groups/raids because they don't outgear encounters.

New classes sucks anyways
    Boyscout bearshaman

You have to have progression. No progression people will get bored.

You contradict yourself here; first by saying PuGs and Vets don't have time, then say it's a social game.
    I did not say PuGs and Vets don't have the time. I just said it's tiresome. There's a limited amount of instances and if you pug them all the time you can understand it gets old to have to explain every time the tactics. PuGs is the opposit of social, honestly most PuGs don't use voicecom and have an almost empty chat groupe. It's understandable in this context that people, vets, don't want to bother explaining tactics.

For me there's only two reason to do PuGs. Either you're utterly bored and have no friends online, either you're a newcommer and you want to build a friend list. Once you've built a friend list it's easier to do everything. I feel less like a Danaïde when explaining tactics to a bloke on my friend list than when doing the same thing to a random guy i'll never play with again. Hence being social.
    The most pugged raids and K6 are the ones where a small groupe of experrienced players can carry the others easily. Try Pugging Zodiac or Emp while having to explain the whole tactics to half your raid each night because you've always have new players. Some are crazy enough to try, i know for sure i'd never have the energie.

What i'm trying to say is: First you PuG easy instances and during that time start adding reliable like minded players to your friend list.
    Then you start getting groupes for harder instance by cherry picking players from your friend list.

I don't see the contradiction.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Your attitude, I'm afraid, is common place. Not giving players the time of day because someone should have watched a poorly made YouTube video or read a blog that does t account for bugged instances and just being FUNCOMd. The community is small and elitist because you're made it that way ... enjoy. I wouldn't waste my time making new content either for this community.

I really enjoy the "fake-it" part. May yer PuGs be full of noobs and your loot be crappy. Happy Holidays.

I don't think Vehl meant it that way , but in general you are right . And I think that is also the reason why there are so many mages around now - you have Zero responsibility in dungeons
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I could write some why this post has utterly failed
    Agreed. Nothing seems reasonable there. He even reversed some of the points (for example, the game is too fast and easy in progression, but he wrote something different).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    some rare trophy grind exploits that has been around for years.
    Fix that and you'll have an even grindier game that no one will want to play. AoC is an old game, do you think vets would really have the patience to do flame/vortex for months then yag loop for a century just to gear their alts so they can go back to the regular t4 raiding, which is the only thing they care most?

People say it's a "niche game", but sometimes they mistake the fact that people quit because of the grind, while others stay when they know how to "exploit" rare trophies. And what a terrible exploit...all you do is the same grind, but without cooldowns. Totally gamebreaking...you can confirm talking with people, and you'll see that most of them can't stand doing that, they all get bored soon.
    I don't know much of the exploits in this game, but everything that makes the grind less burdensome is really benefical.

Quote Originally Posted by Holywatergun View Post
    It has been 6 years and 7 months..... What has funcom added during this time ?

- 0 new 6v6 mini games
    - 0 new classes
    - Only 1 12v12 map
    - Mediocre pve content.
    - Failed pvp content (looking at sag rock farming....)
    You only listed 1 thing that was added in the past 6 years. Your list is basically what they haven't added.

I won't list everything but there's been Khitia expansion, Ymir's, T3, T4, Numerous dungeons, Turan, Numerous dungeon revamps. They've added to and changed PvP all around whether people want to say so or not. T2 and T3 PvP gear. Raised from 4 to 10.
    Last edited by Xanzyx; 31st December 2014 at 02:19.

*general whining*
    And yet, somehow, the game is still here and still making Funcom money, even after 5.5 years.

All depends on your point of view, I guess.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Whenever I log on, I notice these things...

- There is barely anyone playing. It is the same 20-30ish people.
    - The pvp gear / AA grind is the same...takes too long.

This game was launched on May 20 2008

It has been 6 years and 7 months..... What has funcom added during this time ?

- 0 new 6v6 mini games
    - 0 new classes
    - Only 1 12v12 map
    - Mediocre pve content.
    - Failed pvp content (looking at sag rock farming....)

Not trolling but I expect an answer from the devs. How will you address these problems ?

I see 0 world pvp, barely any minigames and same old people who are either tired of this game or have too much time invested to give up.

Guess I'll check back a few months from now and see if anything has changed....
    To parafrase a US-president:

Don't ask how the game has failed you, ask how you failed the game!
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast