Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why this game has utterly failed....

This guy showed you some good points tbh........developers did so little content wise its really funny. I mean no new pvp map. And pls if you are telling me t5 is medicore pve content you must be mad. T5 is just pure proof of laziness......no new armors no new bosses only new tactics that can be made in 1 day......but pay for that for next 6 months right?

I like the game and its pvp but its too damn grindy....I mean armors are quite ok nowadays but those AAs are pain.

Like the game dont like its developers.

To an extent he has valid complaints. Of course people will defend aoc because it is an amazing game. Yet the content and progression just isn't there. If you reach pvp 10 and a full aa tree and have no desire to make alts...then what? For a game to stay fresh and stimulating you really need to keep the content coming. Every game that has success does this. Even games that are F2P like Neverwinter has tons of incoming content. GW2, B2P constant content updates. Pay to play games like WoW....continuous content. New gear. New maps. New "stories", new skins....AoC couldn't even do a Xmas event. Our money goes to TSW period. I love aoc, probably have more hours in the game than a lot of people posting. I just can't take doing the same maps, same 6 mans over and over again.

The guy has a few valid points, but I think a lot of why the community on this game is so small and "the same people" is largely due to the fact that very few new people can get into some of the harder 6man instances and raids.

You either have to be an alt of someone, be in a really good guild, or lie to ppl asking for AA,XP/etc. I've been playing for 2 years, I've never been in AI dist, den of crowmen, and have never seen any of the unchained old world instances for example. I probably never will, and I'm nearly full purple khitai/t3. Whenever I try to join a pug group thats been spamming global for upwards of an hour, I get told they dont have time to explain in vent/ts/chat strategies before boss fights--- something that would take 2 mins tops, and could be explained as they went in vent/ts-- then they spend another 30-40 mins trying to fill, while other ppl in the group drop out because they can't find ppl who know the instance already. This happens a lot, to other people, so people like me are stuck with the typical flame/vortex hm, palace, etc. Then when we tire of going nowhere with content, we leave.

So as far as I'm concerned, the community as a whole plays a huge part of why this game is in the shape its in, not just Funcom giving recycled content, or no content at all. You don't sh*t where you eat and expect the room to smell like roses.

Merry xmas to everyone except the first poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
    The guy has a few valid points, but I think a lot of why the community on this game is so small and "the same people" is largely due to the fact that very few new people can get into some of the harder 6man instances and raids.

You either have to be an alt of someone, be in a really good guild, or lie to ppl asking for AA,XP/etc. I've been playing for 2 years, I've never been in AI dist, den of crowmen, and have never seen any of the unchained old world instances for example. I probably never will, and I'm nearly full purple khitai/t3. Whenever I try to join a pug group thats been spamming global for upwards of an hour, I get told they dont have time to explain in vent/ts/chat strategies before boss fights--- something that would take 2 mins tops, and could be explained as they went in vent/ts-- then they spend another 30-40 mins trying to fill, while other ppl in the group drop out because they can't find ppl who know the instance already. This happens a lot, to other people, so people like me are stuck with the typical flame/vortex hm, palace, etc. Then when we tire of going nowhere with content, we leave.

So as far as I'm concerned, the community as a whole plays a huge part of why this game is in the shape its in, not just Funcom giving recycled content, or no content at all. You don't sh*t where you eat and expect the room to smell like roses.
    You really have no excuse not to have done Den or Ai if you've been playing for that long. While there are relatively few aoc resources (e.g. in-depth class guides) there are some out there like http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...and-Godslayers or Cynara's blog that can teach you everything you need to know. Not to mention just about every dungeon has videos of it on e.g. youtube. Don't care that people ask for XP, just read the strategy and maybe watch a video and then just fake it.

Also, you don't need to be in a really good guild to have done unchaineds, much less Khitai HMs. Any guild whatsoever should be able to do it, it's not like the game is very hard if you have voice communication and determined players.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    You really have no excuse not to have done Den or Ai if you've been playing for that long. While there are relatively few aoc resources (e.g. in-depth class guides) there are some out there like http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...and-Godslayers or Cynara's blog that can teach you everything you need to know. Not to mention just about every dungeon has videos of it on e.g. youtube. Don't care that people ask for XP, just read the strategy and maybe watch a video and then just fake it.

Also, you don't need to be in a really good guild to have done unchaineds, much less Khitai HMs. Any guild whatsoever should be able to do it, it's not like the game is very hard if you have voice communication and determined players.

Try a guild with half the members f2p, casual, RPers, etc and see how you fair in getting guild events running lol. As for reading guides, oh yeah, I can read up on them as muuuuuch as I want to, it doesnt change the fact I learn best by being in the dungeon itself. Situations generally end up different in a group because of the human factor and how others work with eachother, so simple reading might give a general idea, but for me, it doesnt help much as I again, learn best by being in the dungeon and learning as I go along, not afking every 5 seconds to read up what I'm supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
    Try a guild with half the members f2p, casual, RPers, etc and see how you fair in getting guild events running lol. As for reading guides, oh yeah, I can read up on them as muuuuuch as I want to, it doesnt change the fact I learn best by being in the dungeon itself. Situations generally end up different in a group because of the human factor and how others work with eachother, so simple reading might give a general idea, but for me, it doesnt help much as I again, learn best by being in the dungeon and learning as I go along, not afking every 5 seconds to read up what I'm supposed to do.
    Well you've join a guild knowing what you'll get. If you prefer playing in small sized social guilds then you can't expect the same thing as a guild with a raid progression and a glimpse of ambition. PuG groupes are almost always efficience driven. You don't make a pug groupe to "hang out" with random players like you would eventually with friends. You mostly build a PuG groupe to grind.
    For a vet it's true it's tiresome to invite a guy who's clueless to an instance you've been farming easily for years. English is not everyone's main language and explaining tactics to someone when you have the game in French or German and don't know all the english casts names and such is tedious. So you make do when it's guildies/friends but with complete strangers... i believe it's quite understandable.

That being PvE isn't necessairly a guild thing. You just need to build a friend list. It's an MMO you've got to be social ^^
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

This is the only game I have been playing during last 4 years (except few Android games).

Although I can't play it as much actively as in the past, because my real life doesn't allow me much free time, and maybe I'm a bit bored aswell of some parts of the game, I think the fact that I play just this means something.

I respect your point of view, but from mine AoC is a great game.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Game don't need any new class.
    Of course, game need few more mini-games, I sure creating them don't need much resources
    Game have some HARD PVE dungeon & raid bosses. I can compare it with Lord of the Rings Online, TSW, Star Wars and ArchAge, and AoC have more hard bosses when any of that games. Of course, AoC have some easy bosses and good amount of boring daily quests, but any MMO have them

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    For a vet it's true it's tiresome to invite a guy who's clueless to an instance you've been farming easily for years. English is not everyone's main language and explaining tactics to someone when you have the game in French or German and don't know all the english casts names and such is tedious. So you make do when it's guildies/friends but with complete strangers... i believe it's quite understandable.

That being PvE isn't necessairly a guild thing. You just need to build a friend list. It's an MMO you've got to be social ^^
    You contradict yourself here; first by saying PuGs and Vets don't have time, then say it's a social game.

Your attitude, I'm afraid, is common place. Not giving players the time of day because someone should have watched a poorly made YouTube video or read a blog that does t account for bugged instances and just being FUNCOMd. The community is small and elitist because you're made it that way ... enjoy. I wouldn't waste my time making new content either for this community.

I really enjoy the "fake-it" part. May yer PuGs be full of noobs and your loot be crappy. Happy Holidays.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast