Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: festival of bloodhsed (crom)

Default festival of bloodhsed (crom)

well every month FC makes an announcement for the WB... why not the same with this festival?
    also
    i don't understand the players, they ask for pvp content and FC gives them this pvp event and all they do is stand in front a flag and play the same minis they have played for 6 years over and over...
    seriously, why? lol
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    well every month FC makes an announcement for the WB... why not the same with this festival?
    also
    i don't understand the players, they ask for pvp content and FC gives them this pvp event and all they do is stand in front a flag and play the same minis they have played for 6 years over and over...
    seriously, why? lol
    My experience with the Fields of Slaughter (which i assume is what youre talking about since you mentioned the flag) is that unless there are two groups competing standing around is all you can do. And as for why a group of six doesn't break into two groups of 3 to compete against each other, it's pretty obvious on site which players are going to annihilate the others, so balancing becomes an issue and when there are people who show up just for the milk and cookies it becomes even harder to make competitive teams.

Now, when two groups of six, usually friends or guildies or players with mutual respect for each other clash, then its freaking awesome. It's better than premade vs premade in minis, because better rewards, fewer distractions, more ground to move and so forth.

TL: DR the pvp festival is basically free tokens/xp when there is only a few players in zone.
    I don't make points I make dents.

PvP event is low quality, garbage content. It lacks proper UI solutions, it's poorly implemented, there are too many events and those are not really well thought out. It's a mess. Other than that it doesn't give veteran players any incentive in terms of reward.

It was a rushed update backed up with little resources. The end result is... less than spectacular.

And don't you dare blame it on players. If the content is not popular (to put it delicately) it's because Devs dropped the ball and delivered something that no one asked for.

I think it's safe to say PvP Events will join the venerable club of such esteemed Funcom designs as Tournament Mode for Minigames and Horse Racing Track.
    Retired

I don't think these events are garbage. I just believe they aren't adapted to the PvP crowd we have now.
    They are meant for organised groupes and there's only solitary PvPers around. Even those who crave for groupe PvP don't bother and stick with a few friends for these when they aren't puging and grouping what ever comes by. The quality of open-world PvP will always depend on the quality of the community and the guilds around, especially in a FFA game. When it comes to PvP, guild cohesion sucks.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

i guess you guys are right, i remember the first time at this event, it was certainly fun, better than minis imo.
    but i don't think is garbage, just not so well implemented, very confusing, to much things to do, lots of quests and can't even read the whole dialog before someone is ganking you.

i would also like to ask, why there is no TDM mini?
    i mean, most of us, want to pvp, not carry flags or capture points..
    tt has very short duration and open world pvp (BK), at least in crom is almost non existent.

just wanted to pull those things outof my head, perhaps devs takes them into consideration for future plans...
    meh...

We've had some great open world battles on Fury lately (like the last 2-3 days or so) but ironically it wasn't while an event was running (most of the time) and when an event popped up... we kept fighting instead. Even when a team arena event popped up too few people signed up for it to work last night. Sometimes the events do work great though, it's not always like this. I don't think the events are bad at all, the community just comprises too many "solo" pvpers used to 24/7 pug minis.

I tried on Crom but it was pretty bad in comparison, hardly any fighting at all most of the time (alt farmers on the pad don't count ). I'm sure it can be nice from time to time but it's clearly more popular on Fury.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

If look events itself aside from problems like UI and such, main problem while 2 events are good state atm (team arena + fields of slaughter), the other 2 (solo arena and gullagh) need major fixes, so its big turnover for people that there is to long break between good events after they done, no1 likes to wait :P

Besides all events lack rewards and motivation for participants and rewarding mostly winner, which is huge demotivation factor for new players and the ones who cant compete vs good groups.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Its need to be tweak!

• UI for the event
    • Starting the event - solo arena and chosen must have at least 6 ppl in the zone, group arena and fields must have at least 18 ppl in zone.
      When there are fights its pretty nice. But when there are like 4 ppl in zone, its just a bori 2.0 without diggin.

Fury event needs zone tweaks alot, common district is just a horror for example.

Quote Originally Posted by -Hyen- View Post
    Its need to be tweak!

• UI for the event
    • Starting the event - solo arena and chosen must have at least 6 ppl in the zone, group arena and fields must have at least 18 ppl in zone.
      When there are fights its pretty nice. But when there are like 4 ppl in zone, its just a bori 2.0 without diggin.

Fury event needs zone tweaks alot, common district is just a horror for example.
    problem is most of the time there isn't 18 people in zone and a group could just leave instance if they are losing so the winners wont win

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    also
    seriously, why? lol
    I agree with every word you said.

The problem is that PvP event does not give sufficient motivation. Pets and social gear are certainly not what PvP players want to.
    For the most part of PVP players already have one or more 10.PvP characters. Give them the Tier 4 PVP gear through Festival of bloodhsed and area will be crowded with players. In that case the area will be the active fight all the time, and it will be interesting to wait 20 minutes to start the next PvP event.
    Last edited by Ernests; 20th December 2014 at 10:31.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast