Thread: PVP Event: Commons District Broken

Default PVP Event: Commons District Broken

Just a heads up Commons District is broken right now for Fury and Rage... There are Epic Bosses going around destroying players trying to PVP and ruining any attempt at PVP
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Just a heads up Commons District is broken right now for Fury and Rage... There are Epic Bosses going around destroying players trying to PVP and ruining any attempt at PVP
    is this allegory for how years long focus on PVE destroyed PVP?
    Retired

I have a few suggestions on how to improve said event. It seems to me that being able to form raids kinda prevents fighting more than it encourage it. If more groups are "red" to eachother then we'll have more fighting, also between events. To achieve this though we need everyone, also guildmates to be "red" to everyone else when in event zone during that week.

So to cut it down to basic, only allow up to 6 people to be "blue" to eachother inside the zone during that week. This will prevent hand holding and zerging to some extend and encourage fighting and competition.

Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by Sifie; 23rd December 2014 at 10:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifie View Post
    I have a few suggestions on how to improve said event. It seems to me that being able to form raids kinda prevents fighting more than it encourage it. If more groups are "red" to eachother then we'll have more fighting, also between events. To achieve this though we need everyone, also guildmates to be "red" to everyone else when in event zone during that week.

So to cut it down to basic, only allow up to 6 people to be "blue" to eachother inside the zone during that week. This will prevent hand holding and zerging to some extend and encourage fighting and competition.

Merry Christmas!
    I like the suggestion☺
    merry christmas to u too☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Quote Originally Posted by Sifie View Post

Merry Christmas!
    Yeah I'd be down for this. Just pipe dreaming here but what would be even better is a system that opens up the ability to form raids after zone population reaches a high enough point. But that's only dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Slith
    is this allegory for how years long focus on PVE destroyed PVP?
    Yes and no lol. In this case the PvE mobs actually disrupt PvP. The npc's by the graveyard point will charm players to attack their own team, the army of npc's by the rooftop point sit in hide and attack you from 40 miles away on different levels, and there's and elite epic boss that goes around wrecking face. Commons is broken for the event but we sure as hell won't get reimbursed for the time lost, but when the PVE world boss is messed up they extend the time without question -.-
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

So far i participated in pvp festival but commons is simply unplayable for me. fps from 5-10 with freezes and latency spikes from 300-700 and upwards. In other zones and mini games im around 40ish fps and 190-200 ms. And i absolutely loved in solo arena graveyard me hopping around like lunatic on hox with all players and mobs after me.

Sifie's suggestion is nice one and hopefully something like this will be implemented. Still this wont stop hand holding attitude of certain guilds and people. That is most annoying part of festival for me.
    In graveyard solo arena we had nice fight and was doing my best, reached 10 kills only to find out that one necro was in corner hidden from other and farmed his buddy to get 12 kills. Honestly i dont mind people farming their alts or friends during daily quest to gain pvp xp because they are not hurting my game time, while doing same in events is.
    bah, its probably waste of text since people dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    bah, its probably waste of text since people dont care.
    Problem is people DO care, just not the right ones
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 23rd December 2014 at 13:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Problem is people DO care, just not the right ones
    FC devs also don't know much about pvp (yeah not caring about pvp might have something to do with it). A suggestion thread to tweek the events could be nice.