Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Quick Fixes for PvP

Default Best Quick Fixes for PvP

These are honestly the worst things about PvP lately that don't involve class balance or any type of seemingly annoying codework. I'm sure very easy workarounds could be found to resolve all of these issues, and it would honestly make the game a lot more fun.

I may add to this as I think of new things - I hope it is utilized at least a little bit.

1: Ban Edit by Anzu: No names., the Guardian who signs up for minis for hours EVERY SINGLE DAY just to troll - he stands around and talks crap to his group, saying things like "We must lose." He doesn't even try to hide the fact that he's just doing it to ruin people's fun. I know he has been petitioned a ton of times, but nothing is ever done, it seems like. I have petitioned him plenty of times myself, so please don't just give me an infraction and say "Make a petition." I'm honestly posting this here out of desperation because it's gotten so annoying and out of hand that it makes me just log off when I see him in minigames some days, because I know he'll be there ruining all of them for hours and hours.

2: Fix Chosen of Gullah. Guildmates currently cannot get credit for killing each other, and it encourages horrible gameplay between groups of people.

3: Move Chosen of Gullah locations AWAY FROM WATER. This also encourages the worst, least-fun kind of gameplay. In fact, all event locations should really be moved away from water, or cause water to do damage over time or something.
    Last edited by Anzu; 17th December 2014 at 16:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Balacai View Post
    or cause water to do damage over time or something.
    I've always been for a mean "wet armor" debuff during and for at least 15 seconds after swiming. Mean armor/prot debuff + a snare when back at shore. For the damage over time it needs to be linked to enterring water while in combat mode.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    I've always been for a mean "wet armor" debuff during and for at least 15 seconds after swiming. Mean armor/prot debuff + a snare when back at shore. For the damage over time it needs to be linked to enterring water while in combat mode.
    Haha that would be fun especially the first days when people aren't used to it

And regarding this Guard, I am really tired about him myself and I've petitioned him countless times already. And it's not like he's doing that only occasionally, no, he is online every day and I've seen him online at any time, mornings, afternoons, evenings, nights... it's just ridiculous now.
    Last edited by kalston; 17th December 2014 at 14:32.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

They arent going to ban him,on crom we had that awesome dt for sooooo long that was doing the same and of course after countless of petitions nothing was done.And for some weeks another troll conq that was going naked in minis jumping in enemy res-getting killed-rinse repeat 4-5 times and then going afk in hide.Thankfully both of these trolls stopped playing.Now if only some cheaters stop playing aswell that would be the best fix for pvp.
    IVORY TOWER

These are honestly the worst things about PvP lately that don't involve class balance or any type of seemingly annoying codework. I'm sure very easy workarounds could be found to resolve all of these issues, and it would honestly make the game a lot more fun.

I may add to this as I think of new things - I hope it is utilized at least a little bit.

1: Ban Edit by Anzu: No names., the Guardian who signs up for minis for hours EVERY SINGLE DAY just to troll - he stands around and talks crap to his group, saying things like "We must lose." He doesn't even try to hide the fact that he's just doing it to ruin people's fun. I know he has been petitioned a ton of times, but nothing is ever done, it seems like. I have petitioned him plenty of times myself, so please don't just give me an infraction and say "Make a petition." I'm honestly posting this here out of desperation because it's gotten so annoying and out of hand that it makes me just log off when I see him in minigames some days, because I know he'll be there ruining all of them for hours and hours.

2: Fix Chosen of Gullah. Guildmates currently cannot get credit for killing each other, and it encourages horrible gameplay between groups of people.

3: Move Chosen of Gullah locations AWAY FROM WATER. This also encourages the worst, least-fun kind of gameplay. In fact, all event locations should really be moved away from water, or cause water to do damage over time or something.
    Ye that guy is beyond awful. Reported him myself many times to no avail. Sadly pretty soon name will be deleted from this post and nothing will be done about it. It destroy whole server pvp enjoyment when he is online.

Also agree with other 2 points, but its not just gullah where the problem is and not just with water. I hate ranged classes climbing in hard to reach places and nuke down people during solo or group arena. It would be nice if those high places also gives some dmg.
    And once people enter arena (solo, group) dont let them leave and dont let people outside arena to be able to do dmg to people inside.
    Last edited by Anzu; 17th December 2014 at 16:13.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Ye that guy is beyond awful. Reported him myself many times to no avail. Sadly pretty soon name will be deleted from this post and nothing will be done about it. It destroy whole server pvp enjoyment when he is online.

Also agree with other 2 points, but its not just gullah where the problem is and not just with water. I hate ranged classes climbing in hard to reach places and nuke down people during solo or group arena. It would be nice if those high places also gives some dmg.
    And once people enter arena (solo, group) dont let them leave and dont let people outside arena to be able to do dmg to people inside.
    Looks like you havent played by one of those ranged classes. If a ranged class is not on that hard-to-reach-place he is farmed non-stop and have 0 kills.

1: Ban Edit by Anzu: No names.,
    1 of the leading reasons I hadn't logged on in 53 days until yesterday was because I can't say 'ban Edit by Anzu: No names.' after I submit clear evidence of hacks. I'll see you in bannedville.
    Last edited by Anzu; 17th December 2014 at 16:18.

guys stop with the guard. they won't bother with hackers, think they will bother with someone that signs for minis?

Please don't derail this thread with complaints about things that will not realistically be changed. We have to accept that Funcom's resources are limited, especially for something isn't on their current "game-plan."

Just the posts in here really proves that this particular player really ruins a lot of peoples' fun. It would be amazing if something could actually be done about this.

The reason I only mentioned the water issue and Gullah bug is because I know the code already exists for certain things happening when swimming, such as a DoT or insta-death after x time. Adding something like this near event areas would be extremely beneficial. For the Gullah bug, I think it was fixed at some point, maybe on Crom or maybe in another zone, unless I'm just crazy. If not, it's obviously a total bug and as such should be fixed since it directly affects gameplay, unlike a lot of the silly visual bugs which are semi-understandably left ingame for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    guys stop with the guard. they won't bother with hackers, think they will bother with someone that signs for minis?
    I don't want to give up asking. Even if the GM's don't care, I still do. It's gotten ridiculous how often he's online ruining minigames.
    Last edited by Balacai; 17th December 2014 at 15:34.

O.k. mate will stick to the topic. Agree with your points
    Last edited by viroku; 17th December 2014 at 15:51.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast