Thread: Bad performance

Default Bad performance

So I've tried 3 different GPUs (8600 gt, gtx 560ti and now a gtx 970) and the performance is still the same: 30 FPS at populated zones with several freezes. I can run this game with 60 fps on solo instances or not heavy maps, such as the whole tortage.
    So what is the problem here? Looking at my computer's resources, it uses half of my RAM, 34% of my CPU and 40% GPU at Khemi traders. The only thing that comes into my mind would be my CPU bottlenecking my whole computer, cuz it shows that the 1º core is almost always running at 100%. Do you have any idea of what is happening?

I'm running Skyrim with a billion mods with 60fps and Shadow of Mordor too.

My CPU is a FX4170, I know I shouldn't be using it with a gtx 970, but it is working very well with all games except AoC.

*EDIT

Well, I searched the forums for the second time (probably missed it at first) and found a thread very similar to this one. I don't know how to delete this thread, so i'm editing so people won't waste time trying to help me.
    The answer I found says that it is the CPU.
    Last edited by Lerael; 12th December 2014 at 22:31.

Yep, it is the CPU. Im having just GTX660, but by switching from Q6600 to i3-4160 (and you are right in what u said, AoC using just one CPU which runs 100%) my fps doubled and in populated khemi almost trippled.