Thread: Gifting a shop item?

Default Gifting a shop item?

Is there anyway to gift shop items? I would like to purchase items for guildmates over the holiday season.
    Last edited by Anzu; 14th December 2014 at 18:01.

There's no function like that no. If you are lucky a GM might remove your points and add the item to your friend.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    There's no function like that no. If you are lucky a GM might remove your points and add the item to your friend.
    it happened to me to ask for a transfer of fc (when I wanted to make a gift to my girlfriend) as well as the passage of a physical item taken with Funcom point when I bought once, mistakes it for the wrong character (the buffer with the name of the character for some error did not correspond to the character in use at that time, which is usually the standard), and in this case I'm talking about the same account, and in both cases the GM said to me no.
    Hyboria is a world infamous and Funcom does not want that we are making generous gifts.
    I must also admit that in time I saw GM behave differently.
    Time ago i was helping some noobs to make main system, one guy did need an item not for his class, he did petition and the GM gave the item to the girl in our group (item was for her class), time after i was helping a friend in the sanctum, I have to accidentally took her boots (yes, i know, shame on me) but when I did petition the GM, he replied me that he could only return the items from raid and he could not do anything for dungeons's items, seem to be two very different behaviors for the same event and I could report many, many others, in which there is a difference in treatment from GM to GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xateric View Post
    Is there anyway to gift shop items? I would like to purchase items for guildmates over the holiday season.
    The option to gift Store items was just brought up on the Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO) forums a few days ago. Weird.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    The option to gift Store items was just brought up on the Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO) forums a few days ago. Weird.
    I'm sure it is popular around the holidays...

It just seems to me that offering it would help promote sales, higher sales more cash flow, more cash flow more development.

Quote Originally Posted by Xateric View Post
    I'm sure it is popular around the holidays...

It just seems to me that offering it would help promote sales, higher sales more cash flow, more cash flow more development.
    ...more development, more work on AoC, less work on more profitable "sounding" projects. What sounds perfectly logical to you as business might not look so to a stock market listed company with a certain "management" plan.

This said, it would be nice to have point transfer options from account to account, gift or not. It could even cost a bit extra, imo. But my main problem are the rather limited payment options for europeans now.