Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Request for gold spammer chat filter

From this thread its clear that the gold spam irritates the hell out of some of you & when it reaches epic degrees of spam I can agree, in aoc case though it seems fairly minimal.

5hrs today & i ignored 2 spammers, that is hardly the floodgates people make it seem.

Im sure many of you have seen it in countless other mmos, some they have none while some....Neverwinter...ArcheAge...etc have it so bad it actually cripples the game & thats why in comparison the odd one or two here are just easy to deal with. At least the ignore button actually works

Archeage had it so bad that you couldnt use chat at all, they sorted it out, then the spammers figured a way to hide their names so you couldnt even block them, then a lvl 15 restriction so you could only chat from that point...then...then...
    Same goes for Neverwinter, so rampant with bots/spammers & despite multiple attempts to curb it, it still continues.

Then there are the games which dont seem to have any? I cant recall any game ive played recently where at least 1 doesnt slip by the filters in place.

Im not saying we should just accept it but rather a good comparison with others can help put it into perspective a little....

ArcheAge example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brPbXFOghO0

I remember back in 2009/10 seeing the Global Chat being clean after the spam. Just last month once and only, happen as well. I am wondering if it was a Spam Bot cleaning back then or actually a Game Master hand.

Shouldn't be too hard or heavy for the chat/community server detect a couple of keywords and mute that player.

I also noticed that a couple of those spammers are Level 1, spamming in the Global. Can be prevented.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Another solution: TWO global chats. One for Tortage, another for all other locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Belch View Post
    Another solution: TWO global chats. One for Tortage, another for all other locations.
    Sorry, but NO.
    This would mean toons between lvl 5 and 25 on Tortage would not be able to communicate with the rest of the community.
    Hell, even a lvl 80 on Tortage for fun (RP?) or just showing of its "amazing" armor could not communicate.

However blocking chat while in the Tortage Beach zone (starting/tutorial zone) could be an option I think.
    These first 5 lvls could be done by a chimpanzee! (Damn, who used that word always on global? Can't remember. Left no big impression then)
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Quote Originally Posted by HaremBunny View Post
    ...This would mean toons between lvl 5 and 25 on Tortage would not be able to communicate with the rest of the community.
    Yes. Is it a problem ?
    It takes 1-3 days to leave Tortage.
    Last edited by Belch; 31st December 2014 at 12:51.

more like 12h ))
    Circle of Nine member since 20/10/2010
    Age of Conan player since 15/04/2009
    C9 Officer => http://www.c9-gaming.eu/

ToS FTW! Moar, moar power!

Yes. Is it a problem ?
    Not if you want new players to leave the game before they leave Tortage because "Global is DEAD!!!"

Also consider things like:
    Not if you don't want people to have the option to contact guild officers so their new alt can join.
    Not if you don't want new players to join your guild.
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

But really, why does anuone on the beach need to have any chat ability? You cant group. The renown you may earn for a guild is peanuts... Shut them off until they get to Tortage proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    But really, why does anuone on the beach need to have any chat ability? You cant group. The renown you may earn for a guild is peanuts... Shut them off until they get to Tortage proper.
    That is what I said here

And restore the old version of Saddur while you are at it.
    Make it necesary again to get the gate-key from the monster at the nearby ruins.
    Just to make it more timeconsuming to enter Tortage, even if it is only 5 minutes.
    Last edited by HaremBunny; 1st January 2015 at 11:09.

Quote Originally Posted by HaremBunny View Post
    That is what I said here

And restore the old version of Saddur while you are at it.
    Make it necesary again to get the gate-key from the monster at the nearby ruins.
    Just to make it more timeconsuming to enter Tortage, even if it is only 5 minutes.
    Fully agree!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast