Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Subscription offer live discussion

I'm not going to get into an argument with anybody about what represent value (that's your personal call) but let me point out that I told Marketing that we didn't have time to make them new visuals or mounts or anything cosmetic for this sub offer. In that sense, vets can blame me for them not getting something brand new and unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I'm not going to get into an argument with anybody about what represent value (that's your personal call) but let me point out that I told Marketing that we didn't have time to make them new visuals or mounts or anything cosmetic for this sub offer. In that sense, vets can blame me for them not getting something brand new and unique.
    There is always someone who will whine about something on this forum even when there is no real reason for it, sub offers are good even for veterans, I have a feeling some just don't even know what they want. An extra gametime alone sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I pay to play this game and that is what essentially matters after all. If could get some extra mount like we had few years ago (the white tiger) or some inventory bag that's fine but again there is nothing wrong with this offer, what I'd like to see is different offers coming more often maybe?
    Last edited by Redd; 19th December 2014 at 00:57.

It didn't have to be brand new: just giving vets a wolf mount or wym mount (never offered before as a sub offer) would have been of more use to me than tier 1 gear (pvp or pve). Or 30 gildings which might buy me two mounts. Or that purple ring offered last March, maybe a couple per account vs the one.

Whatever though. Water under the bridge. At least I'm not paying 15/month anymore.

p.s. the last sub offer was eight months ago.
    Last edited by Anubium; 19th December 2014 at 01:30.

Were there any specific items the marketing dept. requested?

I do understand trying to give new customers a reason to sub, but I don't understand the disregard for your vets who have supported this game with paid sub since 2008. you have ton of items you could have given. Ring, exotic riding, bigger bags, STORAGE, various mounts, ect.

No offense but i think you guys should remove every GM from the game,as from your statement they don't report the feedback collected from the players in-game to the devs therefore making them useless to the game community and to the game progress itself.GO! Watch DE devs,creators of "Warframe" and learn something at least from the best devs atm.Also vets can't blame you unless you harmed your cat,dog or some other domestic animal on purpose that you may have. (get it? )

plus

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    (...)you have ton of items you could have given. Ring, exotic riding, bigger bags, STORAGE, various mounts, ect.
    i said once on one petition....Tian an wings account wide as sub offer.(read my first sentence again Joel )

plus

"What lies in our power to do,lies in our power not to do."
    -Aristotle

cheers
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 19th December 2014 at 22:30.

This game has never been about the Vets. Not once can I remember thinking, "Ah, that was nice of Funcom to do for the Vets." Nope, Not one time. I never felt special for having been here for early release and buying all the extra packages and expansions and xpacs and subs. I gave my money and time and commitment to funcom and I feel like they pooped all over the game and themselves and me, and so I left.
    SO, any Vets still playing this game(fewer and fewer each month I imagine.) should know by now what you get from funcom.

IF funcom had given out new content to play on a regular basis and fixed bugs, I wouldn't need a sub deal! But Vets know what funcom delivers. And it ain't much.

Move along now, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    i said once on one petition....Tian an wings account wide as sub offer.(read my first sentence again Joel )
    Why would a vet need Tianan Wings ??!! o.o

As a veteran player I think there's nth wrong with this offer, but would like to see offers more often!^^

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    This game has never been about the Vets. Not once can I remember thinking, "Ah, that was nice of Funcom to do for the Vets." Nope, Not one time. I never felt special for having been here for early release and buying all the extra packages and expansions and xpacs and subs. I gave my money and time and commitment to funcom and I feel like they pooped all over the game and themselves and me, and so I left.
    SO, any Vets still playing this game(fewer and fewer each month I imagine.) should know by now what you get from funcom.

IF funcom had given out new content to play on a regular basis and fixed bugs, I wouldn't need a sub deal! But Vets know what funcom delivers. And it ain't much.

Move along now, nothing to see here.
    I can only speak for myself but the veteran tokens have been a huge boon for me, free bag, ports and swift horses, faction insignias, etc, and I get the full amount of them on any character that I ever make in the future as well.

Of course at some point there's no longer anything that you need but that's going to be true of the game as well. Barring the obvious answer of more content, what are you going to do and/or want once you have every class at max level, max aa's and with the best gear in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Aecho View Post
    Why would a vet need Tianan Wings ??!! o.o

As a veteran player I think there's nth wrong with this offer, but would like to see offers more often!^^
    Why wouldn't a vet need Tian an wings?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast