Thread: Swapping disciplines while tanking?

Default Swapping disciplines while tanking?

Hi, I usually use Will of Mettle and The Fortifying Standard while tank with my conq because is what I understood from the forum guide. But last night a beautiful conq told me that she changes their disciplines/formations during the battle. (she told me that she swap to the heal ones when he has the aggro to improve her survivability and when he lose the boss goes to the hate ones again or to the dps ones.).

Is it the usual changing disciplines formation during the fight or not? what do you do? i ask because. swapping, weapons+swaping disciplines+swapping formations+ alterning grand techniques and banner+ bubbles... all while I have to tank a boss... it's seems a lot of stuff. I heard around that the conq was easy to use.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

You don't have to but you should.

Actually the best way to agro like a [Edited by Drest: unicorn] is will of mettle plus the burning buff.
    The good thing is that it simplifies your life since you must not use the standard.

However, if you lock agro, this is time to maximize your survivability. Switch to life regen technique and fortifying standard. I Advise you to organize your buffs so that it is visually easy ton know what technique goes with what standard.

By the way, 90% of the time, just don't use banners.
    The fire one does crappy dps except while leveling/soloing a large group of mobs.
    I have never used the mana/stamina regen untill yahkmar in T5. And that's because I'm being kind with my spellweaving mages.
    Fortifying is the only one that has a real interest if you feel the other tanks have aggro issues.

Make it simple, mettle technique + fire buff. Swap to life regen if you need extra heal. Remember that mettle technique grants you armor too.
    Last edited by Drest; 10th December 2014 at 12:52.

of course is important, if you're not tanking you don't need defensive buffs is good to swap to dps or hp/sp/mp regen.
    most the time tanks don't need more mitigation but a bit more dps would help, if it's your turn to tank, swap back to defensive banner and techniques.
    if the boss doesn't hit too hard you don't really need defensive buffs, don't you? you can alwas swap to some dps, and swap back when needed.
    meh...

Depending on instance ofc, i tend to switch to the healing when im about 30-40% or lower. It's a win win. Free armor ftw
    Boyscout bearshaman