Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: porting in minigames with cowards shame

Default porting in minigames with cowards shame

So i did a fresh windows/aoc install a week ago, and from that point and on, a considerable amount of times i join a minigame i port in the map with cowards shame already. Now this isnt such a big problem by itself as cowards shame goes away after 30secs or so, but what really happens is this :

- the quest for the consecutive minigame wins (vanquisher something? cant recall the name) fails and starts over.
    - i get +1 in the "minigames left" stat in PvP tab, and without having really checked i doubt i get a win or loss at the end of the minigame either.
    - i cannot see the whole composition of the minigame group (i can see from 2 to 5 ppl in group, while we have 6).
    - i cannot see the minigame score, neither where the flags are.

Anybody has a similar problem, or know any solutions about this?

Thanks in advance.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Are you by any chance having issues with the community servers? losing chat, guild etc?
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Yes, constantly.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Thats exactly what happens + all the other stuff i described.
    While i wouldnt mind a bug that happens every now and then, im getting this almost 50% of the times i zone into a minigame.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I have seen that sometimes even just a giant lag spike in a minigame can count as an abandonment in your record. I finished a minigame after the pvp stats patch, checked my xp needed to next level and saw I had 2 games abandoned (from one match). At other times, I will actually lag and crash to character select, log back in and be in the minigame still with another game abandonment ticked off.

Quote Originally Posted by AggroMagnet View Post
    Yes, constantly.
    That's an ISP issue, I've had it myself some times and using a VPN fixed it. My Belgian buddy has it literally every day as well. It's because AoC runs with a cluster of servers (even changing zone you can find yourself on another server) and they all have different IPs and for some reason I get a completely different connectivity from one to another (it's as if they weren't all hosted by the same provider, which would be weird but it's FC we're talking about) although it rarely reaches the point of NO connectivity at all... but it can happen.

Compare your ping to those ips:

You will probably get different results from one to another even though you shouldn't as they are all in NJ and they are all part of the AoC servers' cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    37.18.193.24 - 188ms
    37.18.192.44 - 174ms
    37.18.193.102 - 187ms
    37.18.193.23 - 188ms

It appears that 44 has a 7% faster connection.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

It's not a bug, but it's a feature recently implemented into the game: It's a mix of complicated algorithms which are able to foresee the future whether the players will either leave the minigame, play it or rezcamp/perma-stealth, based on the players current vital functions and some undisclosed factors. This feature was in development since 2006 and recently got finished when both of the remaining Funcom developers achieved a major-breakthrough with the implementation of Funcoms ultra-redundant Spaghetti-code™ programming paradigm. It's almost as complex as the implementation of the »Aim-twice-hit-once-(in-a-while)«-feature™ which generates a hardcoded amount of clones of every players current transformation matrix for every server-frame, modifies them using true random numbers, and then only displays one of these clones to other players for them to having to best-guess where to aim to actually hit the opponent. This feature was implemented to simplify the overly complex ranged/caster combat mechanics as well as adding some depth to the overly simplified melee combat and thus bringing more balance to the game.

Working as intended
    Last edited by Dengel; 10th December 2014 at 09:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengel View Post
    It's not a bug, but it's a feature recently implemented into the game: It's a mix of complicated algorithms which are able to foresee the future whether the players will either leave the minigame, play it or rezcamp/perma-stealth, based on the players current vital functions and some undisclosed factors. This feature was in development since 2006 and recently got finished when both of the remaining Funcom developers achieved a major-breakthrough with the implementation of Funcoms ultra-redundant Spaghetti-code™ programming paradigm. It's almost as complex as the implementation of the »Aim-twice-hit-once-(in-a-while)«-feature™ which generates a hardcoded amount of clones of every players current transformation matrix for every server-frame, modifies them using true random numbers, and then only displays one of these clones to other players for them to having to best-guess where to aim to actually hit the opponent. This feature was implemented to simplify the overly complex ranged/caster combat mechanics as well as adding some depth to the overly simplified melee combat and thus bringing more balance to the game.

Working as intended
    I know this isn't a very serious post but this specific issue has more to do with ISPs than with Funcom. This is especially true for EU players as the EU/US connectivity is such a common problem (but you can indeed blame FC for moving the servers away from the bulk of the playerbase...).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast