Thread: best 1h weapons for swaping.

Default best 1h weapons for swaping.

Hi, I'm trying to tank with my conq using the rotation advised on this forum guide (GDS4+FT8+BB7+TS+FT9andHFS5). Right now I'm using the T2 2h conq weapons and Scepter of return+Tigerswipe, and I was wondering if I could get 2 weapons of one hand better than these ones. I was thinking about 2 t2 guard or DT swords maybe.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

2 DT swords
    or
    2 Scepter of return

i like the DT swords, they're easy to obtain, and good for dps and weapon swaping (good stats)
    scepter has more crits, (this is probably better for tanking)

also, you should try to get 2 ranger swords, for the protection.
    guard swords doesn't seem to be a bad idea but you can't buy them, same with the ranger swords.
    meh...

2x Blossoming Death generates a ton of agro.

I don't think having good 1h weapons matter much as brute conq. Unless your 1h weapon is way better than your 2h, the only combo you really need to do with dual-weild is bloodbath, and breach in 6 mans. Keep in mind that the bloodbath dot scales with your currently equipped weapon, so it will pretty much always do more dmg after swapping back to 2h than letting it tick while dual-weilding. I know people recommend using throat-slash while dualweilding for 1 more hit to proc more GoDs, but considering you will almost always use throat-slash right after bloodbath (so lots of dmg ticks and gods has an internal cooldown), I think the benefits of dualweild throat slash are really miniscule, and probably not worth it at all if your 2h is a tier higher or more than your 1h.

I think you will notice next to no benefit from getting weapons with +hate or anything, and that it's not worth the extra grind for conq. Tigerswipe is an excellent offhand, and Scepter of Return should serve you good until you can get a 1h with better base dps, like T3 conq/DT/barb sword or Excavator 1h.

DT T3 + Blossoming.
    You can use it in carnage tanking and brute tanking (just use the 1-handed combos and switch occasionally to perform Dancing Steel).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

From my own experience over years, when you swap weapons to perfom BB, Breach, Throat slash (and even the fear, because it hits on the left side and it doesn't actually fear Bosses), it's all about dps. The more the better.

I have had many different weapons, now I even have the minus hate T4 one and it works fine.
    What matters is that you hit the unshielded side with your 1h combos and apply BB's dot every 10ish seconds.