Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Christmas Event

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post

Dungeon challenges will however get veterans and raid-loggers playing more, and hopefully get people to do rarely visited dungeons, from Main System to the Jade Dugout, more often.
    Are we sure about that? I've played since launch and I don't really want to replay the entire game just for achievement points and some text in a log book.

Now, if they gave actual rewards for doing them, maybe. And that's a big f***ing maybe. There are plenty of things I only ever did once, and never again - because they were buggy, or incredibly annoying or whatever. And that was when the pop was much bigger. I'm a big fan of achievements, but this seems way to late in AoC's lifecycle to be relevant.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Are we sure about that? I've played since launch and I don't really want to replay the entire game just for achievement points and some text in a log book.

Now, if they gave actual rewards for doing them, maybe. And that's a big f***ing maybe. There are plenty of things I only ever did once, and never again - because they were buggy, or incredibly annoying or whatever. And that was when the pop was much bigger. I'm a big fan of achievements, but this seems way to late in AoC's lifecycle to be relevant.
    I am on other hand a player that skipped pretty much everything PVE wise. Since I am a completionist and achievment system caters to that I can totally see myself finally doing crows nest for achievment or even going back to Tortage to clean up all the quests.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I am on other hand a player that skipped pretty much everything PVE wise. Since I am a completionist and achievment system caters to that I can totally see myself finally doing crows nest for achievment or even going back to Tortage to clean up all the quests.
    "You are not alone"

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I want an achievement for doing a levelling dungeon with completely new players for six hours straight, which happened to me once.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Now, if they gave actual rewards for doing them, maybe. And that's a big f***ing maybe.
    But what is an actual reward? The focus on linear power progression is what brought the game to this dismal state in the first place. For quite a few players, like Slith apparently, the fact that there is an achievement to do X is reason enough to do X. And for people who need a bit more of a nudge, there will be e-peen features (titles, plus achievement points will be shown in the player information window).

While it does come late, it's still a great feature to keep people in game. Because we shouldn't be kidding ourselves - actual new content will not come any faster with or without it.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The new world boss will start soon. Chistmas, however, is not a Hyborian holiday.

To explain a little more, we chose to put the resources into the Achievement system and aiming to get that out early next year rather than spending time on an event for AoC. I think Christmas has very little value as a holiday in the Age of Conan world, whereas it actually exists in TSW.

new world boss? the same boss, same place, with the same rewards ... so whats new?

Quote Originally Posted by nico0815 View Post
    new world boss? the same boss, same place, with the same rewards ... so whats new?
    Yeah, I expected much more challenge with this new boss.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

There are a few new things:

1. It is a lot easier to get into instances for the dragon. Used to be you'd be waiting 30 min plus for an open instance

2. It drops MOAs and Esteems. Better than getting more Prayer Books.

3. Every first boss kill gives you a portent token, which can buy a pet or a purple box.

4. I can run high resolution and some particles and not get frozen most of the time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Chistmas, however, is not a Hyborian holiday.
    People don't hold hands in Hyboria like they do on Crom, your point?

People do not slaughter each and every person they encouter in Hyboria like they do on Fury, your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345