Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Event

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The new world boss will start soon. Chistmas, however, is not a Hyborian holiday.

To explain a little more, we chose to put the resources into the Achievement system and aiming to get that out early next year rather than spending time on an event for AoC. I think Christmas has very little value as a holiday in the Age of Conan world, whereas it actually exists in TSW.
    Neither christmas event nor achievment system is good content (or content at all...) and i guess, funcom once again concentrates its very limited ressource to tasks which they get little to no effort from. What about unchained minis? They werent mentioned for a long time. What about craft revamp? Dont you think this took more then long enough now? Shouldnt it have the highest priority or don't funcom even care about how ridiculous it looks to anounce something 2 years ago and not showing anything playable until now? What about pvp t4 gear? It was talked about, ppl are waiting for it and again nothing happens. I am sick and tired of waiting for already announced stuff. Just once dish out something withhin a serious timetable after you introduced it to your loyal customers. What about the still missing dungeon for the new playfield? Nothing heared about it for months now. What about the promised new aa feats? Another announced thing you hear nothing about too.

An other thing are all those annoying bugs with the same problem of being not fixed for ages. Mini game bug still there, new guilds cant reach guild levels, the whole system around this got obsolete since not even the charts are working. How about fixing wuch fundamental bugs finally?

You at funcom have so much important stuff you could work on or better to say should work on because ppl are paying to see this announced stuff or play a game which is free from at least gamebreaking bugs. And what are you doing? Implementing an achievment system to get the sheep playing years old content for epeening about tühow much time they need to get through it...

Really dont know what is more sad: funcom being so ignorant to its customers and not learning from mistakes or the ppl actual thinking the achievment system is something worth the time...

Ps: and then there is the problem with grinding in pvp and pve, mostly due to very high costs in token for gear or in case of pvp the xp needed to gain levels. At least you didnt say anything about it or inntroduced something to solve that. But i doubt ignoring is quite a good decision in this case....
    Last edited by Zatochi; 20th December 2014 at 11:24.

The new world boss will start soon. Chistmas, however, is not a Hyborian holiday.

To explain a little more, we chose to put the resources into the Achievement system and aiming to get that out early next year rather than spending time on an event for AoC. I think Christmas has very little value as a holiday in the Age of Conan world, whereas it actually exists in TSW.
    WHO asked for this achievement system you're working on? Before the forum reboot I did a data-crunch on the [Suggestion Thread] and there was NO mention of an achievement system. I volunteered my time to the forum mods and was told to cease my efforts.

People have been waiting for the crafting revamp and PvP-maps and modes for over 2-years now. If we want achievements; we could play any number of other MMOs to get our "fix" . Not play AoC; when it's implemented years after the competition and most likely (historically) going to break something.

I can only imagine how much it sux to sit in a "meeting" and listen to your counterparts say ; " You know what was hot in other MMOs a couple years ago ? ... ____________ . Let's put that in AoC now ".

Poor Nussy

These threads are getting dumber by the week. Achievements are awesome, and you don't need an event on the deadest week of the year, world boss is good enough that week anyway.

Don't care about a christmas event... but still you could have done something for the community. Especially to make up for that failed sub offer for vets. Why not a item shop discount weekend or bonus inventory bags?

FFS, you really don't care about Aoc do you? Just admit it.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    I want my achievement to "Kill XXX players, **** their women and gather their hacked noses". And im sure achievement like that is MUCH MORE important than crap event devoted to christian holiday(!!!) in game with different world.

If you want to play a game like that, go play COD, BF4, or any coop war game where you can kill ppl and feel like you did something great to feed your ego. And no, turning the game into a "collect 10 titles and get fancy ring!" (or whatever they choose to reward people with) system is NOT important. I could care less if we get a christmas holiday, they're cute to have but not needed, tho in place they could do a winter solstice thing with sales in the item store or something. I'd rather they use their resources to make actual new content, like unchained minis, a new pvp map, or a new dungeon that isn't recycled old world crap. Giving players actual new content, new maps to pvp in, will get more people excited, and more people playing and resubbing. Giving players an ego booster might work, but not in the long run, the way new content would.

We can keep arguing for days. I see the achievement system as nothing more than a temporary booster. I'm looking at it from a longevity of the game stance. It's just going to be another worldboss fiasco with people dropping off the face of the earth and not playing after they get whatever rewards they can.

I hate shooters. And i really love AoC lore and themes of fantasy world like it is in AoC - no Edit by Anzu: Doggish elves, fairy dragons with rainbow poo, gnomes and other Edit by Anzu: Dog things like that. I play AoC since august 2008 and i call it that i play since release. Those times game was like i said but with no achievements. And everyone who played those times will admit that game was like that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc
    Last edited by Anzu; 21st December 2014 at 14:30.

Edit by Anzu: Again, moderation is not a discussion for the forums.
    Last edited by Anzu; 21st December 2014 at 16:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Edit by Anzu: Again, moderation is not a discussion for the forums.

Freedom of speech is one thing. Rules are another. Anzu has got domiciliary rights in this forum and therefore he can censor the shi.t out of wannabe Edit by Anzu: Dogs. like you. just saying...
    Last edited by Anzu; 21st December 2014 at 16:11.

Stay on topic please.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Not that I dislike it but I've never been a fan of *real life* holiday themed events in games. Tying events to in-game lore and anniversaries, like say, Conan's takeover of Aquilonia, makes more sense to me.

On the other hand real life holidays are something that people have a frame of reference to. Something familiar versus some obscure Hyborian date that only three people remember.

Either way I'm not going to complain about more stuff to do.

Edit: Hell, maybe one year we could have a Liberation of Tortage anniversary celebration where the player is the man/woman of the hour. Of course things wouldn't go as planned...
    Last edited by Raeil; 21st December 2014 at 19:47.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast