Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Event

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The new world boss will start soon. Chistmas, however, is not a Hyborian holiday.

To explain a little more, we chose to put the resources into the Achievement system and aiming to get that out early next year rather than spending time on an event for AoC. I think Christmas has very little value as a holiday in the Age of Conan world, whereas it actually exists in TSW.

Translation: we only have one person working on this game at the moment... stop being greedy

The new world boss will start soon. Chistmas, however, is not a Hyborian holiday.

To explain a little more, we chose to put the resources into the Achievement system and aiming to get that out early next year rather than spending time on an event for AoC. I think Christmas has very little value as a holiday in the Age of Conan world, whereas it actually exists in TSW.

I'm going to have to strongly disagree. Since much of the Hyborian world is based off of Celtic and Norse lore, Yule was a very important event. Especially in the Cimmarian regions this would be an important day.

Ppl pls stop asking about useless social events, let them (FC) do something really important. Im sure this christmas event dont bring a single new player or veteran back to the game but achievement system can do something with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    All I want for Christmas is to NOT get banned for giving funcom my money.
    Agree! But too late for me, I was two for two!

How about giving us an extension on the winter solstice dragon world boss and put it up this weekend?

That way those players who have plans for next week (aka vacations) don't get penalized for having the event over xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Ppl pls stop asking about useless social events, let them (FC) do something really important. Im sure this christmas event dont bring a single new player or veteran back to the game but achievement system can do something with that.

yeah because making a useless achievement system is -oh- so important, moreso than actual content for pvp and pve. I mean who DOESNT want a badge for collecting 1,000 whorled leather?

come on, its NOT content and the only ppl it will bring back are going to be achievement wh*res who leave after getting whatever reward they get for collecting all achievements. at least the "useless social events" are cute and dont cost a lot of resources
    Last edited by Artemisia; 19th December 2014 at 21:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
    yeah because making a useless achievement system is -oh- so important, moreso than actual content for pvp and pve. I mean who DOESNT want a badge for collecting 1,000 whorled leather?

come on, its NOT content and the only ppl it will bring back are going to be achievement wh*res who leave after getting whatever reward they get for collecting all achievements. at least the "useless social events" are cute and dont cost a lot of resources
    I doubt they will make achievements for collecting x resources considering the crafting system is due to get scrapped and hasn't been modified for a long time.

Dungeon challenges will however get veterans and raid-loggers playing more, and hopefully get people to do rarely visited dungeons, from Main System to the Jade Dugout, more often.

Not really sure if winter solstice thing is up every year. If not they can just activate that one again. That can't possibly be much work right?

It's nice to do and rewardwise it's not bad either since pets get some new value now that there will be solo PvE arenas where you can fight them.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
    I want my achievement to "Kill XXX players, **** their women and gather their hacked noses". And im sure achievement like that is MUCH MORE important than crap event devoted to christian holiday(!!!) in game with different world.

It's seems quite a good explanation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast