Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Group question

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    The original question did not exclude levelling instances, so I thought about them.
    of course...
    anyway, how many times would you repeat a leveling instance? you know the answer: not many, because after a while you will outlevel it....

for endgame content, you don't have this "problem"... you may eventually get bored of some of them, but there are so many lvl 80 dungeons!!
    so, if i was planning to get a group of friends to make instances together, i would think about the best setup for the hardest endgame instances...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    of course...
    anyway, how many times would you repeat a leveling instance? you know the answer: not many, because after a while you will outlevel it....

for endgame content, you don't have this "problem"... you may eventually get bored of some of them, but there are so many lvl 80 dungeons!!
    so, if i was planning to get a group of friends to make instances together, i would think about the best setup for the hardest endgame instances...
    I thought everyone knew Alan lives in an alternate reality where AoC doesn't have enough grind and leveling instances are worth doing by now (I wish I lived there btw).

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    I thought everyone knew Alan lives in an alternate reality where AoC doesn't have enough grind and leveling instances are worth doing by now (I wish I lived there btw).
    i know, but sometimes i feel optimistic, and i try to help him get back to reality...
    of course it's an hopeless task, but...

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

DT - DT - ToS - Sin - Demo/Necro - PoM/BS (or any high dps as 6th, if the ToS can heal solo)

That should be highest possible DPS in 6-mans. Instead of second DT you can have a Conq for conq resses, if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanLogan View Post
    DT - DT - ToS - Sin - Demo/Necro - PoM/BS (or any high dps as 6th, if the ToS can heal solo)

That should be highest possible DPS in 6-mans. Instead of second DT you can have a Conq for conq resses, if necessary.
    it's not just a matter of resses. for example, on demigod conq is a lot better on barrels duty, thanks to the cc's and bubbles...

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    it's not just a matter of resses. for example, on demigod conq is a lot better on barrels duty, thanks to the cc's and bubbles...
    Yup, and, for example, I prefer maximum DPS tanks (carnage conquerors) in Toirdealbach's Tomb (actually, tanks are needed only on Spectral Slayer there and on adds between the bosses and on the adds that heal Toirdealbach herself) and equally Guardians or Brute Conquerors at Putharjath (Main System, the last boss) as they have bubbles that might save the situation with kiting.
    But in the end, any setup works with experienced players.

P.S. To the earlier message: this is not "an alternative reality". We play the game and get those groups running.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 11th December 2014 at 06:57.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanLogan View Post

U ALL HERE ARE DOIN IT WRONG. Nvm, just kidding
    The best dps team in unimaginable without pet necro+tos with storm crown. My opinion for best team who plans to do 6-mans in khitai after lvling to 80:
    1) Necro with petromancer spec as main dps with melee pets mutilators - stacking dot "mutilate" does OP dmg.
    2) ToS as off-healer with Storm Crown and spec for max dps. Buffs pet's hits with additional magical electro prock, pretty good dmg but be carefull with re-aggro issues to you or necro. Also ToS debuffs for necro who have really bad debuff tools. ToS have awesome team tools for manaregen - DT seriously addicted to this sh!t.
    3) DT as main tank with Dread Shadow and ALL aggro things. Doing crazy dmg with VoM perk, unholy procs for pets with aura team buff.
    4) Reaver barb as off-dps with Armageddon Falls feat. Same thing as with ToS - buffs pets to do horrible melee dmg every 1,5 min.
    5) Conq as best off-tank to res necro what will be needed alot, believe me Also conq have nice teambuffs too. Have full pack of melee debuffs so...
    6) PoM as main healer to debuff for spiritual dmg.
    If ToS is very good and can heal+dps same time you can replace PoM with dps class to have MOAR dps. And same thing you should do if you have problems with lack of aoe/range dps but ToS must go to heal spec then. Demo will be the best pick here.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 11th December 2014 at 07:33.

Nobody likes Guards lol.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Nobody likes Guards lol.
    Yea , imo guards and rangers are always second choice for their role .
    DT - Conq is a far better combination DPS and buff-wise (more gear dependant though)
    About ranger : From the rogue aspect , sin and barb do more dps in the current situation
    And dps-wise the mages are better too .
    I think that ranger is in general just pvp-troll class currently
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast