Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for build...

Default Looking for build...

I am a returning player and have a level 80 Guardian and DT...

I see up to date DT builds but guardian tank builds are old...looking for feat and aa builds with some rotation for eventually tanking hm's, if anyone has one to share.

I am gearing with faction stuff but unsure what faction gear to get as well. Any help would be appreciated...been gone for years so any major changes would help also.

LL gear is the best! Also, almost any pole specc works.
    Boyscout bearshaman

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    LL gear is the best! Also, almost any pole specc works.
    They are using pole spec for tanking in dungeons and raids? That is pretty wild.

Hi. This is my pole tanking spec. http://goo.gl/PMAeRn Works in dungeon and raids. Aggro is very good. You need to gear up in Last Legion and Wolves of the Steppes and Yellow Priests of Yun. Legion - head,legs,chest,shoulders from Malice. Wolves of the Steppes - boots and belt from flame and T1 wrists and hands with agro will be good on start. Polearm from Yellow Priests of Yun - polearm with aggro. Accessories with DPS and cloack with aggro or combat rating from Vile Nativity. Rotation - Storm strike( with reckoning ) - Riposte - Flashing Arc IV - Flashing Arc VIII( if reckoning available use it), sometimes Guard V to get armor buff and Hateful strikes, volcanig rage and dissarming aggression if available. If on start you will use Stall of Advance from AA with Hateful Strikes and starting combination Storm Strike you will make huge aggro
    Last edited by Paput; 8th December 2014 at 21:00.

Pole arm Tanking is like trying to fly a 747 as a fighter jet. Ya it can fly, but it's still a 747.

Sword and Shield is where it's at, as for the old builds etc, nothing drastic has changed to the guardian. old builds are still viable.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    Pole arm Tanking is like trying to fly a 747 as a fighter jet. Ya it can fly, but it's still a 747.

Sword and Shield is where it's at, as for the old builds etc, nothing drastic has changed to the guardian. old builds are still viable.
    I guess you have just never seen good polearm tanking. I've seen two poleguards, both t1-t2 gear mix, tank all the way through Ardashir Fort without any issues. Polearm imo struggles to solo tank but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paput View Post
    Hi. This is my pole tanking spec. http://goo.gl/PMAeRn Works in dungeon and raids. Aggro is very good. You need to gear up in Last Legion and Wolves of the Steppes and Yellow Priests of Yun. Legion - head,legs,chest,shoulders from Malice. Wolves of the Steppes - boots and belt from flame and T1 wrists and hands with agro will be good on start. Polearm from Yellow Priests of Yun - polearm with aggro. Accessories with DPS and cloack with aggro or combat rating from Vile Nativity. Rotation - Storm strike( with reckoning ) - Riposte - Flashing Arc IV - Flashing Arc VIII( if reckoning available use it), sometimes Guard V to get armor buff and Hateful strikes, volcanig rage and dissarming aggression if available. If on start you will use Stall of Advance from AA with Hateful Strikes and starting combination Storm Strike you will make huge aggro
    Why Riposte? The combo does pretty pathetic damage unless you use it 2-3 seconds after evading an attack. What makes you still find it useful?
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Wabajack View Post
    I guess you have just never seen good polearm tanking. I've seen two poleguards, both t1-t2 gear mix, tank all the way through Ardashir Fort without any issues. Polearm imo struggles to solo tank but that's about it.

Why Riposte? The combo does pretty pathetic damage unless you use it 2-3 seconds after evading an attack. What makes you still find it useful?

Sword and board is more aggro than pole arm

Sword and Board does ALMOST, equal dps as pole arm. "My guard does approximately 700 dps now in full plate tanking SnB.

Sword and board has more survivability than pole arm.

Again, my analogy was pertaining to the pole arm being able to get by. But getting by is like making minimum wage at a job.

SnB is and always has been better. If you argue otherwise, then you truly haven't ever seen any good SnB guards.

The fact that you remember a guardian using pole arm in Ardishir fort, and even making it as an example is proof enough that the spec is fail. "I remember being a SnB in Yag tanking. I didn't have any issues there either." See, sounds kinda lame.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Sword and Board does ALMOST, equal dps as pole arm. "My guard does approximately 700 dps now in full plate tanking SnB.

Again, my analogy was pertaining to the pole arm being able to get by. But getting by is like making minimum wage at a job.

SnB is and always has been better. If you argue otherwise, then you truly haven't ever seen any good SnB guards.

The fact that you remember a guardian using pole arm in Ardishir fort, and even making it as an example is proof enough that the spec is fail. "I remember being a SnB in Yag tanking. I didn't have any issues there either." See, sounds kinda lame.
    I did ~900 dps while tanking on my polearm. And my agro is better/similar to others tanks. DT, always dpsing DTDoing me problems with tanking. In other situations.. I can say "Others have problem with my agro" but not all time.. But you're right SnS its more surviability than pole, because its Sword and Shield and polearm it's polearm. I did T4 (Sheng,Basilisk and IMP) with my polearm without agro problem BUT you are right... shield have more survi.
    Last edited by Paput; 5th January 2015 at 23:21.

You're painfully right, but its more an issue than a natural/normal state of the guardian gameplay. Since the last revamp of guard (late 2010), Pole was nerfed for pvp purpose and s&b (juggernaut tree) was overbuffed in order to compensate the nerf, match the newly VoM DT, and try to satisfy the classic guardian lovers (s&b = mitigation, aggro cause he have a freakin shield ?).
    Pole is the forgotten tree since then and unless die-hard fans (i heard that germans are quite experienced at it), nobody really cares about it for end-game tanking. It is sad cause its a loss of diversity in gameplay and tactics and make the guard dull&boring.

However, i dont agree to the fact s&b was always superior to poletanking in the history of AoC.
    Hope devs will considerate changes to this on the next batch of balancing/skill changes patchs.
    Last edited by Bibik; 22nd December 2014 at 15:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Paput View Post
    Are you kidding me? I do ~900 dps while tanking on my polearm And my agro is still better than others tanks. Maybe only DT, always dpsing DT(IN HIS T4) Doing me problems with tanking. In other situations.. I can say "Others have problem with my agro". But you're right SnS its more surviability than pole, because its Sword and Shield and polearm it's polearm. I did T4 (Sheng,Basilisk and IMP) with my polearm without agro problem BUT you are right... shield have more survi.

Do you play on Crom? Would be fun to try your aggro ^^
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast