Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for build...

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    You're painfully right, but its more an issue than a natural/normal state of the guardian gameplay. Since the last revamp of guard (late 2010), Pole was nerfed for pvp purpose and s&b (juggernaut tree) was overbuffed in order to compensate the nerf, match the newly VoM DT, and try to satisfy the classic guardian lovers (s&b = mitigation, aggro cause he have a freakin shield ?).
    Pole is the forgotten tree since then and unless die-hard fans (i heard that germans are quite experienced at it), nobody really cares about it for end-game tanking. It is sad cause its a loss of diversity in gameplay and tactics and make the guard dull&boring.

However, i dont agree to the fact s&b was always superior to poletanking in the history of AoC.
    Hope devs will considerate changes to this on the next batch of balancing/skill changes patchs.
    I can admit that you can make a solid argument for the guardian class prior to 2010. But then again, aggro was just a goad away for swapping, "remember that"? lol

Anyway, it is what it is now.

I have also heard about the Germans doing well on pole arm spec etc. I can see them doing decent if they are geared the hell out in T4 with a mix of full plate and heavy gear to get more dps. But to me, it's just not worth it for the lack of defense you have at that point. Then again, maybe they like the challenge?

Regardless, SnS is solid as hell, and all tank class's "imo' are freaking easy mode nowadays. Only real class in game that takes some skill is maybe the BS and Hox. Haven't played them in a min though. And even those aren't that hard to do well on. It's just more challenging than the other class's.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

I wrote "And my agro is still better than others tanks" but this is too much said. Agro is similar.

Khitai Conq - Easy/Medium Agro Swap
    Khitai Guard - Easy/Medium Agro Swap
    Khitai Dt - Medium Agro Swap (at the beginning of the fight agro without problems then i can maybe have some problems)

T4 Conq - Medium/A Little Harder Agro Swap
    T4 Guard - Medium/A Little Harder Agro Swap
    T4 Dt - Hard Agro Swap (at the beginning of the fight agro without problems then Mr.Dt simply can take agro with his DPS)

Tali T4 DT - "God pls help me"

These are my feelings about agro if tanks all the time doing DPS. Much depends on whether the tank using his agro boost skills and constantly doing DPS.

I have only boots from T4(with protection). I think a lot of about which Set is better for me for pole tanking? I mean big parts. Fearless Souls or Indomitable Souls or maybe Courageous Souls?

Fearless souls major pieces are the best aggro wise for all three tank classes
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Fearless set will be the best overall set as you can use it for both protection and physical fights, while Courageous and Indomitable are pretty much useless for protection fights.

Obviously, if possible, you'd also want the Courageous set, especially some minor pieces are statistically better than their Fearless counterpart pieces for physical fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Paput View Post

I have only boots from T4(with protection). I think a lot of about which Set is better for me for pole tanking? I mean big parts. Fearless Souls or Indomitable Souls or maybe Courageous Souls?
    Fearless big with a mix or couragus and indo smallpieces.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Fearless big with a mix or couragus and indo smallpieces.
    I think about it. I have legion legs and chest and head from unchaineds. So i need good choose. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12