Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Sillyness of Decap+ATG

Quote Originally Posted by -Hyen- View Post
    I did more from stealth attack + naked facestab with my sin...Sin is in the line with barb about "we need tweaks"...
    Well you are right, sin is op:

You mitigated 21474836 points of damage from Ulnarnos attack.
    Ulnarnos's Spell heals you for 21474836.

Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    From my feelings in PvP minigames barb is a bit over the top at the moment if you consider everything (burst, survivability, etc), but I agree that no one should state such sentences without trying the class properly.
    I don't play barb, so can't really comment that.
    I will try to get some time to roll a barb and paly it, cause it really looks fun aswell.
    Im still doin higher dmg with better surv with my PvP4 carnage conq (poor on AAs as well) then with my PvP7 barb (basicly full AAs for those good)...and wo decap ****.

Logged on my pvp 2 barb yesterday, and not playing AoC for almost 4 months and was able to go positive in minis using ONLY using Scatter Foes, Butcher 9, Decap, ATG, and whatever instant buffs I had on hand. It's awesome how AM is up almost instantly and pretty much never comes off if I am being attacked or not, and no matter the damage type. With a T1 weapon I was getting crits for 2.4-3.5k off of both abilities, and never anything under 1800. Just wow.

At least make the decap cool down 90 seconds or something more than 30 so you can't spam it everytime ATG is up. Truly, anyone defending this class is just silly. The critical damage increase from devastation is just as silly as the increase from FA from conqs. Again, this is the only MMO I ever played where it's acceptable every class can hit close to (or in a conqs case) over 30% critical chance and keep it up the duration of the mini if you know how to rotate combos properly. Just a silly gimmick class for most, at least the people who played barbs for years still know how to make it look fun while not using the trash abilities everyone else seems to like now. Outside a pug the gimmick is garbage, too bad it's ONLY pugs so everyone has to deal with this disgusting 2 click insta-crap on anyone under heavy armor.

Basically a caster with 5 meter range is all this class looks like now with how the majority play it.
    Doomsayer 2008

You talked so much about it that I respecialized my barbarian into Decapitation and put At the Gates on training.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I dont mind decap + atg at all. I only need to be carefull on my hox. I am still more worried about those Dw barbs that are out there

Quote Originally Posted by Sloubi View Post
    atg+decap is ****, Brogr rules them all and guess what? he's not using this shity feat : )
    No one is talking about people who actually the play the class well, people are talking about the trash who don't but can still manage to 2 sh!t people because of how well decap and ATG work together, as clickables.
    Doomsayer 2008

Not everyone is awesome and can disregard average barbs using silly specs. I for one, playing mostly hox, am sick of them. Good barbs, i can't kill nevermind if they are Zerker or DW. Average barbs, i usually beat the DW ones who hit harder but tend to rely way too much one BS or JC. The Zerker ones though it's just frustrating. And even the bad ones are a probleme.

Easy and unmissable burst damage just narrows your field of action. When you're playing a focused class like mages and can't rely on better team or awesome healer to clear your way, easy bursts damage just spoils the fun. There are sins you can ignore because they aren't good enough to land a bomb and barely manage a WW. Rare are the barbs who can miss scatter foes and decap + ATG. Even if solo they wouldn't kill me, on a mage there's rarely just one guy on you.

I see many Zerker barbs doing more than well in minis. I mostly see PvP 10s with full AAs doing well in pugs with DW.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Not everyone is awesome and can disregard average barbs using silly specs. I for one, playing mostly hox, am sick of them. Good barbs, i can't kill nevermind if they are Zerker or DW. Average barbs, i usually beat the DW ones who hit harder but tend to rely way too much one BS or JC. The Zerker ones though it's just frustrating. And even the bad ones are a probleme.

Easy and unmissable burst damage just narrows your field of action. When you're playing a focused class like mages and can't rely on better team or awesome healer to clear your way, easy bursts damage just spoils the fun. There are sins you can ignore because they aren't good enough to land a bomb and barely manage a WW. Rare are the barbs who can miss scatter foes and decap + ATG. Even if solo they wouldn't kill me, on a mage there's rarely just one guy on you.

I see many Zerker barbs doing more than well in minis. I mostly see PvP 10s with full AAs doing well in pugs with DW.
    This guy gets it...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Easy and unmissable burst damage just narrows your field of action. When you're playing a focused class like mages and can't rely on better team or awesome healer to clear your way, easy bursts damage just spoils the fun.
    I agree with this, that's the point.
    On a clothie, even well geared with all PvP armor + constitution accessories, it often happens to me to die with more than half my HP from a barb, instantly (that means with 5K+ HP).

I mostly play sin, and I understand that sin burst is crazy aswell, especially on casters.
    But thinking a bit, actually on clothies barb burst is almost faster, easier to land / not miss and even higher than sin burst.

Sin bomb for example is easy to handle for many classes (all those with some unholy protection buff or bubble).
    Face Stab hits hard but it's unholy damage and most classes can put on some decent prot nowdays.
    Also it needs a 2-step combo to be landed first, or to be able to stealth near the target.
    Not saying that sin burst isn't great, but as Vehl said at least it needs a bit of skill for example to pre-charge combos or apply miasmas "on-the-fly".

But barb decap+atg is just silly to me.. Good barbs are hard to handle on my sin (Brogr is a beast, I try to avoid him most of the time 1 vs 1, unless I don't feel in good shape and eventually ready a glorious death ) but pretty much any barb with good gear, good or not, can kill me in the mid of the fight with that thingy, from 6k hp instantly, and that is frustrating.

To be honest I do not want it to be nerfed, just Funcom if you want to do something, please give free barb full AA to every account
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 2nd January 2015 at 07:59.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

The depth of your counter arguments ("you are all noobs") is overwhelming.
    The kind of damage face stabs do changes little to Korando's reply. Minor mistake if you ask me.

No wonder threads drag on for pages with empty replies
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .