Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Sillyness of Decap+ATG

The "exploited" numbers gave as standards by OP seem to have derailed the debate a little.
    Even without a troll spec, ATG + Decap is too much. When you hit 6K decap it's almost always a kill blow and we all know they are buffed. It's like 5K TTS complaints. They occured when you had, at best, 3.500hp left. And a 3.5k crit is, depending on circumstances and frequence, acceptable. The probleme with Decap + ATG isn't that it can one shot a full health BS once every full moon, it's that on a daily basis you have a steady, reliable, unmissable 4 to 6K burst damage without missing much of any good feat.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I think the main problem that I and others have is that it does too much damage with too little skill. You can cancel Decap if missed with no penatly, other wise it is two keystrokes for usually the kill credit
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    The "exploited" numbers gave as standards by OP seem to have derailed the debate a little.
    Even without a troll spec, ATG + Decap is too much. When you hit 6K decap it's almost always a kill blow and we all know they are buffed. It's like 5K TTS complaints. They occured when you had, at best, 3.500hp left. And a 3.5k crit is, depending on circumstances and frequence, acceptable. The probleme with Decap + ATG isn't that it can one shot a full health BS once every full moon, it's that on a daily basis you have a steady, reliable, unmissable 4 to 6K burst damage without missing much of any good feat.
    Since I am OP just curious what are standard numbers i gave :P
    I think that i said few times that with t1 gear relying mostly on staggering, knock, haste and eyes when its up decap and atg range in 4k-6k with rarer 7k+ (happens when both crit). Those first post just showed how super retarded it can be and like derled showed he did it in mini to.
    When you pop all bufs , it is rare since some are on longish cd and rarely you will have it all up, you can reach super dps. But since it is rarer i dont take that into account much.
    I have seen many times decap hit 3.5k-4.5k on clothies, in fact every mini i have few hits like those. now if you do that dmg with upheaval that have presteps and its long combo to execute its o.k., but doing it with decap that crits very often and its 1 click short "spell" its not o.k.

Btw im back to hybrid, got bored of this, i just tried to point out something needs to be done bu i guess people just want easy mode.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Since I am OP just curious what are standard numbers i gave :P
    Sorry thought it was Delred, didn't bother checking. My bad
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I went back to my old zerker spec as well (so without decap but with extra anti CC and protection from general) cos this is just too boring for me. I use either ATG to rack up kills or upheaval + without warning which makes me really tanky.

Haven't played hybrid for a while but I really like how tanky and relaxing zerker is.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarolf View Post
    and the posted suggestions of changing ATG etc. are still a Pro for silly mechanics?

Some trolls spamming **** into this thread with stuff like barb can oneshot everything whenever he wants... got also tons of cc´s and immunity with such an spec...

Haste+ATG+Decap = imba damage...

just watch the Video of derled when he farms some Players at rezz, there are every single damage buffs up, and thats why a barb can bring this high rolls on decap and atg... Barb can do this once in two mins!

This one click stuff is **** in pvp there are enough other classes with same op stuff especially Sin and ranger, but this way of qq is just rediculous... crying for a nerf of 2-3 skills is too much
    What u mean farm players at res? as far as I rememb that was his res pad? not enemy, and that mini game was pretty balanced, don't start talking if u were not there. oh and he one shotted sin,necro, and bs same time with 2 buttons, now how exactly is that balanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysse-Ithaque View Post
    Who stated that to make an high dps combo, you should need skill ?
    For any of AOC class ?
    Necro, Demo, Sin ...need a lot skill ? Seriously ?

Barbarian is atm, from far, not the most unbalanced class in AoC.

If you want to nerf something , there are better target.

PS: You should have a better used time by not asking for nerf for pvp purpose.
    Funcom is used to make nerfed class useless for pve. See what happend for ranger.
    Barb is far from balanced, barb is only class in game that can win nearly whole enemy team 2v4 even if they just keep coming from respad, I dont know if there is any usefull barb on crom, but fury barbs show clearly that the class is simply overpowered when played right.
    Last edited by Mechannno; 10th December 2014 at 21:25.

My question are:

If the barbarian use this Decap + ATG sillyness.

1- Is this creating an unfair advantage to is team vs the other team? (I don`t mean Team A full of L10 farming Team B full of level 2 and 3. But faily balanced teams)
    2- Is that just give a lot of kills to the barbarian but make it useless or creates a vulnerability to his team?
    3- Those it need some skills and/or situation awareness, strategy to use that Combo productive to his team.

I'm asking because if it only creating one big boom once in a while but it doesn`t help bringing the flag, cap or totem. I really don`t care to be honest.

For exemple. It was possible to make this kind of damages with the officer in SWG NGE but spamming it at the wrong time and place made a lot of officers useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarolf View Post
    And ffs changing Decap (PvP and PvE skill) into a one step or 2-3 step Combo is a ****ing mistake, just Change ATG (PvP Perk) and everything is fine for pvp and pve!!!
    Decap is a PvE skill? I never feated it even for solo PvE, how can be decap usefull in a group PvE? Yes, RH and TfB are usefull for a group PvE, but decap? I still believe in full reaver + gen for a group PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by -Hyen- View Post
    Decap is a PvE skill? I never feated it even for solo PvE, how can be decap usefull in a group PvE? Yes, RH and TfB are usefull for a group PvE, but decap? I still believe in full reaver + gen for a group PvE.
    If you go for Hybrid Zerker you can reach almost the same dps of reaver, such a spec is especially interesting when your grp got some melees or tanks in it. Decap in his actual form is one important feat for this playstyle, cuz as everyone knows the zerkers Combos are not as fast as the reavers so every strong attack is needed to can reach the dps of a reaver. over 2k+ dps on dmg Encounters are absolute no Problems with smart grp building, + the zerker is a bigger dmg buff supporter for melees as a BS... someone can say that armaggeddonfalls making also much dmg in raids but in the end the Optimum will be to have 1 zerker and 1 reaver in your raid

@ Mechanno

so let me Count, activating at least 5 buffs + 1 step Combo for a further buff + this 2 multikill feats making 9 clicks, yeah you can click them hours before but than you will loose this "mighty devastating buff" + tfb and haste in between the next 15sec.

i dont wanna defend this oppportunity to oneshot clothies in "pve gear" once in every 2 minutes with at least 9 clicks and under perfect conditions (3 of those buffs need conditions to work) but you guys should stay on Facts... Doing this **** can happen but not as much as you tell.

killing ATG, with internal CD on decap would be enough to rebalance this...
    Last edited by Sarolf; 11th December 2014 at 07:00.