Thread: BS, Pom, DT ? -__-

Smile BS, Pom, DT ? -__-

As in title. Im planning to master one of them, only one. Could you tell me which of them 3 will be the most efficient after few months of farming AA's and gear? I'd like to be someone who can carry the game, or give some advantage. I like to play tanks and healers, so now I have a huge problem. Anyone can help me? I'll be glad. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Penndulum View Post
    As in title. Im planning to master one of them, only one. Could you tell me which of them 3 will be the most efficient after few months of farming AA's and gear? I'd like to be someone who can carry the game, or give some advantage. I like to play tanks and healers, so now I have a huge problem. Anyone can help me? I'll be glad. Thanks
    If you enjoy tanks and healers, then DT seems like a perfect match for you. They have have excellent health taps that heal just as good as any healer and are capable of having the best agro of any tank in the game. It might seem like they are OP, well its because they are... If you want a fully self supportive class that can main tank, heal, and top dps then DT is perfect, but thay take alot of gear and Void of Madness AA to get to that point.

DT is overpowered, but boring and random. Not a lot of utility and no real depth to gameplay. It pretty much consists of spamming combos and hoping for lots of crits. They can be extremely tanky or do crazy damage, or a mix of both. I personally don't get much satisfaction out of playing DT, though. Sometimes you can do 5-6 combos in a row and not do any crazy damage, and sometimes you can do one or two and kill several people with ridiculous crits.

BS is one of the most in-depth classes and has lots of micromanagement. If you're looking for something that will take a long time to master, this is a good choice. It has a ton of potential, several good specs with slightly different playstyles, and it's a lot of fun. A huge plus for BS to me is Balance of Nature, which can pretty much allow you and your team to sprint forever if it's kept up consistently. It's a little harder to get kills on a BS, but if you spec for DPS and play well (utilize debuffs and buffs smartly) you can still get kill credit pretty easily with 2 or 3 combos.

PoM is also a lot of fun, but it's not quite as fast paced as BS. It doesn't have as much micromanagement, although it's still got more than DT. PoM has the potential to do a lot of damage, and one of the nice things about it is that it's stealthy - there aren't many particles and it's easy to get big nukes off in the middle of a group fight without being noticed. The downside is that their casts are pretty slow for the most part, and they can be LoS'd, and of course it's a heavy mana user so you will occasionally have mana issues.

What Badacai said, regarding BS/Pom.

Despite being slow, Pom is pretty easy and relaxing. It is the healer than can have the most impact on a mini game when played properly. I wouldn't really call the class OP anymore though, bubble and instant KB have been addressed, but it's still the preferred healer for competitive pvp.

That being said, if you master a BS or ToS, it will feel WAY more rewarding IMO (but you'll never have anything close to Pom CCs). You didn't include ToS in your list but that is one interesting class to play as well
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I haven't mentioned the TOS because already I got this class on pvp 5 and well... How to say, it's not my cup of tea . Thanks for the answers guys but I still have a brain hangover, DT BS POM are just pretty interesting for me to play, but I havent time to master one by one them all. DT need as I heared Ibis to start doing really good damage. Is it true? Cause for now im just not able to get even materials to buy this sword. And to do some crazy dmg do I need to play with Talisman build?

Pom - it will be ok with just scarlet circle set to be something like a "kill machine" in minigames? It consists some heal rating so I think I'll be fine. Same with BS- Tamarin Tigers will be enough to start playing normally in pvp, and DT will Last Legion or TT aswell? Without faction items I ain't gonna even try minis. It will be painful.

Ibis is pretty sweet for dt but you will do good with pvp blunt to. No need to go talisman for pvp, dt deals tons of dmg with shield. I bet you encounter many dt so far that would cause trouble for your tos

I would still go for bs if you looking for fun class, bit harder to master but very interesting class. All 3 classes can give edge to the team. pom maybe most but its all about player in the end.
    Btw i started pvping with all 3 chars with blue shi%&y gear. Faction gear is nice start but you can still do some minis. pvp 4 is all you need to become competitive.

DT........best concept class ever made in mmorpgs

Badacai and others gave you the right hints about each class, I just give you my personal preference: Bear Shaman.

It's more complex to master than many other classes, has a good amount of micro-management, and requires good skills to get kills, if you care about that.

But personally I find it crazy fun in PvP, and when you master it, it can reward you with kills aswell, and of course like every healer is great to carry the team.

PoM is probably easier, and probably more powerful than a fully mastered BS, but I suppose not as fun as BS.

DT I would not even take into consideration.
    I tried to play it in PvP for sometime, but it's very "flat" gameplay for my tastes.
    Can be OP as hell, but I would not suggest you DT if you are looking for a class to master and have fun with for a long time.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 7th December 2014 at 19:24.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I find all of those chars need good AAs to even start pvp to be succesful. Not like Sin or Demo ..Dt most i guess. Personally i feel DT very frustrating to landing combos, so narrow area.
    All of those char has good survivability anyway. Tough choice, but you mentioned ToS wasn't for you, so i think neither is PoM. DT or BS?

true its hard to land combos with dt when you are slowed down cced etc.....but once you have aas and gear its beast in group pvp even in defensive stance you can crit with white hits for 1500dmg. But with BS you can be sure you will have healer for your group and its so easy to land combos with two handed weapons ;-)