Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Discuss - Game Director Letter November 2014

I agree : Both obviously mean twice the work to do, but would be awesome.

The second one is a perfect introduction to the lore entry, more immersive. Really nice to read. The more encyclopedic one would be nice to put at the end of the entry, to gather all informations.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

I like #1 best, because it's informative, and I will remember what I have read. I can then picture the Vanir in more detail in my mind.

#2 contains very little information. Now if there was voice acting, I would vote for #2, for immersion purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    I like #1 best, because it's informative, and I will remember what I have read. I can then picture the Vanir in more detail in my mind.

#2 contains very little information. Now if there was voice acting, I would vote for #2, for immersion purposes.
    now that you mention it, i don't remember when but GD said there were new voice acting ready to be implemented... i wonder what happened.
    meh...

Even though I don't really care about lore or RPG elements in a videogame I have to say that in my opinion #2 fits by far better .
    People at that time didn't write Wikipedia entries. They told dark stories of what they have seen or heard .
    From that aspect it will add much more immersion
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

I liked Lore example #2 slightly more but both are good. #1 is more of a Nemedian description, whilst #2 might be how a Cimmerian talks of the Vanir.

wow again no gd-letter ...

not even a merry christmas from fc, that demonstrate that they give a **** on the community

Quote Originally Posted by nico0815 View Post
    wow again no gd-letter ...

not even a merry christmas from fc, that demonstrate that they give a **** on the community
    Yeah it's said. Especially when he said
    "Okay guys, thanks for your time. Next letter will hopefully come before the holidays and will take a look back at the updates this year, and then in January we’ll be talking crafting."
    I guess change of plans. Hopefully January will deliver.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

They should update the forums to play the sound of crickets when you visit.

That is what I imagine when I check in anyway :P
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

OMG they can't even deliver a simple letter? Or they don't care?

Truth is, they don't have to deliver the letter. Nusquam writes it because he wants to keep us informed.

As a random person, I should add that expecting it during the holidays (especially between Christmas and New Year's EVE) says a lot about you. Let them enjoy their friends and families.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast